PDA

View Full Version : Great resource on Aspergers - Comic

Pedagog
22-03-2009, 10:17 PM
I belong to another forum for he parents and carers of children with Aspergers and autism. One of the young adults with aspergers has designed and written a great comic explaining Aspergers in child friendly terms.

ASD comic (http://www.asdfriendly.org/board/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=372)

angeldelight
23-03-2009, 07:39 AM
That is great

Thanks for sharing

Angel xx

Pedagog
23-03-2009, 10:03 AM
My little Aspie has read it and thinks it's great too.

avril
23-03-2009, 12:00 PM
Thankyou, that's really good will print that off and laminate it :thumbsup:

sarah707
23-03-2009, 12:36 PM
That is brilliant! Well done to the author and thank you for sharing :D

Pedagog
23-03-2009, 01:37 PM
That is brilliant! Well done to the author and thank you for sharing :D

I will pass that one, word is number two is in progress, well post here if and when it is finished.

hello kitty
23-03-2009, 02:21 PM
That's brilliant, given me something to think about.

I will also print it off for others to read. Thank you for the link. :)

Pedagog
24-03-2009, 10:49 AM
Here you AUkids magazine to download here

AUKidsmag (http://www.aukids.co.uk/currentissue.html)

Blue Boy
24-03-2009, 02:11 PM
Thanks for this, we have a young boy who has aspergers and although you read several things about it there always seems to be different answers. We have printed off the comic and it has gone into our portfolio, we have also given a copy to the lads mum.

Mick

Schnakes
24-03-2009, 02:50 PM
Thats great - I think the older children will really like that. My son has (among his many problems! :rolleyes: ) ASD so it would be good for them to read and to help them understand his behaviour.

The bit where it said
But one thing I do know is that the world will not change for me. I will never fit in and I will never be normal but if just one or two people can understand a bit more about Autism and then teach another one or two people then the world will get easier to live in.
brought a little tear to my eye.

I also really liked the bit where he is talking about strangers and he says:
Tell them I am a cross between a wolf and a monkey.
made me laugh out loud...so funny - I think it would be easier to use this explanation than the true one!! :laughing:

Lovely comic. Really really lovely.

Sx