PDA

View Full Version : do you think the parent is going over the top?

sammy
22-03-2009, 09:50 PM
basically i didnt have her little one last week on mon & wed morning as my child was ill with temp & cough, i always phone and say im open if you still want to bring him, but as she only goes to the gym and sometimes does paperwork, she decided to keep him and obviously i didnt get paid (i did however still have the other 6 children during the week as their parents were not put off)

Anyway my little one hasnt had a temp for the past 24 hours, and im thinking he should be fine by the morning, hes just been wingy.

But she phoned just now to make sure everyone was all ok or she wouldnt bring him, she said im not even taking him to toddler groups (which also means she doesnt want me to take him out) as she is travelling to china on weekend.

Now my view is if they are going to get ill then they will, she has a child at the school all mine go to and half the school have been ill.

Im just wondering that if its her choice not to bring him if mine have a little cough etc then should i still charge her, as i am still open ?

Also i wouldnt mind, but she bought her child to me the other week with an ear infection and high temp and blamed it on teething when he had a ear infection.

Rubybubbles
22-03-2009, 09:53 PM
if she choses not to bring but you are open then I would charge, as you are open as normal, toddler groups an all;)

Pipsqueak
22-03-2009, 09:54 PM
why didn't you get paid for the previous week - you were open and available and it was HER choice not to send her child - you should have been paid (unless you have other contractual agreements).

same applies to this week - you are open and available - your son is fine. If she chooses to keep her child off for whatever reason during contracted times then she pays for the contracted hours regardless

angeldelight
22-03-2009, 09:57 PM
I would also still charge if you are open

Angel xx

Rubybubbles
22-03-2009, 09:58 PM
I would also still charge if you are open

Angel xx

but would YOU angel:laughing:

sammy
22-03-2009, 10:05 PM
why didn't you get paid for the previous week - you were open and available and it was HER choice not to send her child - you should have been paid (unless you have other contractual agreements).

same applies to this week - you are open and available - your son is fine. If she chooses to keep her child off for whatever reason during contracted times then she pays for the contracted hours regardless

to be honest i havnt yet charged her, but when i text her last week i said there wouldnt be any charge as he was unwell and had a temp, and i didnt go to the toddler group. BUT saying that i was still open and everyone else used me.

But he still isnt 100% but i will be doing everything as normal this week, back to toddler groups as he is charging around but a bit of coughing. They would bring there kids to me like that. Ok so shall i still charge if everyone else uses me? as each parent do have different views to illnesses.

sammy
22-03-2009, 10:11 PM
sorry if your child is ill what do you do? as i do inform all parents when my children are unwell then i ask them if they still want to bring their child? Normally its this one mum who says its ok i wont bring him, then i dont charge her as i thought if my child is unwell then i shouldnt charge......

Blackhorse
22-03-2009, 10:13 PM
not sure what to advice, but maybe it would be good to clarify these things for the future in your sickness exclusion policy? Have you got anything already in the policy that might help?

just something I was thinking of adding to mine...

sammy
22-03-2009, 10:19 PM
not sure what to advice, but maybe it would be good to clarify these things for the future in your sickness exclusion policy? Have you got anything already in the policy that might help?

just something I was thinking of adding to mine...

My sickness policy only excludes really for sickness, diarreah, notifiable diseases (you can get a list off web) and normally high temp as not sure what could be going on.

But apart from that i have them

Rubybubbles
22-03-2009, 10:23 PM
if my own children are ill but not needing exclusion from other children I keep them at home to relax and unwind a bit (mine are 4 and 7 both at school) I don;t phone to say as I am still open! BUT I tend to close if my children are ill as when they are ill they are really ill:rolleyes:

still waiting on chicken pox here:panic: dreading that one

Pipsqueak
22-03-2009, 10:31 PM
to be honest i havnt yet charged her, but when i text her last week i said there wouldnt be any charge as he was unwell and had a temp, and i didnt go to the toddler group. BUT saying that i was still open and everyone else used me.

But he still isnt 100% but i will be doing everything as normal this week, back to toddler groups as he is charging around but a bit of coughing. They would bring there kids to me like that. Ok so shall i still charge if everyone else uses me? as each parent do have different views to illnesses.

i personally would charge.
If i am open and available for the parents to use during contracted hours then yes they get charged. That is just my way of working.
Yes we all have different views on illness - I would close my setting (own family illness) for D&V, contagious illness, recuperation periods (ie after surgery) or myself/children were that ill that they needed lots of tlc to the exclusion that I could not do my job or that they needed some quiet time.

If i had given parents the choice - I would make it clear that if they choose NOT to send their child and I am open they they pay. If I am up do doing my job and my child could tolerate not being nursed then i am fit to do my job.
The only exclusion I might have to this rule would be if the parents refused to send their child because of a genuine medical reason such as that it would be detrimental/threatening to their child to be in contact with whatver