PDA

View Full Version : books

littlepixies
05-02-2008, 05:14 PM
hey guys, hows things.... im nakered had a hecktic day finally feedin baby, daughter havin dinner dog roaming lol

i have been looking at all my books i have on childcare, and just wondered what books you have just for reference and ideas or help when doing activites??:p

Cheeky Chops
05-02-2008, 05:18 PM
I get most of mine from amazon, cos they are second hand ones and brill!!

I got the "childminders handbook" from there which is brill! its got great down to earth advice and is great for new childminders like me! I bought books on how to potty train and what to expect in the toddler years as I dont have any children of my own and always find it interesting to see what "the norm" was!! other than that crafty ones etc etc!! x x

deeb66
05-02-2008, 07:52 PM
I have a large collection of books that help with activity ideas etc - I usually get them from the local charity shops and pay silly prices for them.

The reference books I have:-

- Early Years Care & Education - Penny Tassoni & Kath Bulman

- Understanding children's challenging Behaviour - Penny Mukherji

- Good Practice in Caring for young children with special needs - Angela
Dare & Margaret O'donovan

- Understanding childrens play - Jennie Lindon

- A practical guide to equal opportunities - Hyacinth Malik

- From birth to five years - Mary D Sheridan

- A practical guide to child observation and Assessment - Christine Hobart &
Jill Frankel

Is there any particular reason you wanted to know?

sarah707
05-02-2008, 07:58 PM
I have 2 by Dr Christopher Greene - Babies! and Toddler Taming

I have the Penny Tassoni one Dee mentioned and my OU course notes which are full of good stuff!

Then my own books of course - I tend to reference them from the internet or the library, looking up one topic at a time as I go along... :D

Are you starting a course?

deeb66
05-02-2008, 08:00 PM
[QUOTE=sarahnev707;46313]I have 2 by Dr Christopher Greene - Babies! and Toddler Taming

QUOTE]

Yes...sorry...I have this one too