PDA

View Full Version : An enquiry

cher25
22-03-2009, 04:36 PM
Hi, I had an enquiry on Friday for a 1 yr old little girl and her 5 year old brother.
There mam said it would be part time up to 15 hours a week. She also mentioned it would be for shifts, the example she gave was 2pm till 5.30pm when dad would pick up. The little boy goes to a school next to mine which finishes at 3.15 unless the children attend the after school club which finishes at 4. I already pick up from there at 4 aswell. However my full timer's brother is at a different school and finishes at half 3. My car is a vauxhall astra and as i cant find anything that clearly states the issue of having a minded child in a booster seat in the front seat im worrying about it all.
The parent did say it would be a great help if i could even just have her son, but i think it would be unfair to expect her to pay 2 different lots of childcare (as i have seen on the cis site that i am still at £3 an hour and other's are starting to charge a bit more) and to keep the children apart. She said something about full time in hols for her son. But im all confused. She is coming round tomorrow morning to talk about it anyway but im regretting saying that to her. Does that make me sound bad?lol
I just hope we can agree on something and i can get a good idea of the type of shifts she wants.
Sorry for going on and on. Thought putting it down in writing might help. Think ive made it worse though.lol

amirose
22-03-2009, 06:40 PM
I'm sure talking to mum you will get a clearer idea, you have to be firm when asking about hours i.e if you are on this shift what are the exact hours you need. I had a mum who worked shifts and asked her what are the hours on an early, a late and nights I find they waffle a bit and confuse you otherwise!!! Make sure you write these hours down too so when they go away you can work out the fees.
There's no harm in meeting the mum, you don't have to sign anything :thumbsup:
Good luck :clapping: