PDA

View Full Version : Photos on the computer

singlewiththree
22-03-2009, 11:37 AM
Are you allowed to keep photos of the mindees on the computer. There are no personal details with them, its just I print them out to do observations but also want to do a setting photo book at some point.

Daftbat
22-03-2009, 12:21 PM
I have photos on the computer that i have uplaoded from my camera or phone to print off for obs. I tend to keep them and am sure that since i have signed parental permission to take photos and use them for my personal records that this is fine.

sonia ann
22-03-2009, 12:37 PM
I have photos on the computer that i have uplaoded from my camera or phone to print off for obs. I tend to keep them and am sure that since i have signed parental permission to take photos and use them for my personal records that this is fine.

I do the same.:)

huggableshelly
22-03-2009, 12:40 PM
I keep pics on my pc for as long as i need them then I delete them or transfer to a cd. I dont know what the right or wrong way is providing you have permission to take pics and let parents know you upload to a pc to print out that should cover you.

FizzysFriends
22-03-2009, 03:15 PM
I believe you have to register to have photos on your computer or external hard drive/memory stick. This covers you if your computer is hacked and pics stolen, for data protection.

sarah707
22-03-2009, 04:06 PM
I believe you have to register to have photos on your computer or external hard drive/memory stick. This covers you if your computer is hacked and pics stolen, for data protection.

Yes you often do!

You can find more information here :D

http://www.ico.gov.uk/

vix84
23-03-2009, 08:22 AM
So who do we need to register with for data protection, is there one specific company to use?

sarah707
23-03-2009, 09:37 AM
So who do we need to register with for data protection, is there one specific company to use?

ICO (the website above) is the Information Commissioners Office.

It is a Govt body with which anyone who keeps information about anyone else on a computer (and in other formats) might need to register.

There is some confusion about childminders because it's usually photos and often back views and they are not really stored for long, but often you do have to register.

You especially need to register if you do other paperwork on the computer as well which involves children's or family's names or personal information.

It is always worth contacting them and informing them of your circumstances then they can make a judgement and you have it in writing if ever questioned.

Hth :D

mabel
23-03-2009, 09:41 AM
I do but all my parents sign a form to accept that I have taken and use the
photos as part of my work.