PDA

View Full Version : Health form - please help!

daniellemummy
21-03-2009, 10:26 PM
Hello everyone, sorry to badger you with my posts!

I'm very nervous about my health declaration form as I've had to put that I've suffered in the last 5 years (end of 2006) with mild depression and irratic eating / eating disorder which I had fortnightly counceling sessions for

- all of this is in the past and I've had good health and no other problems since spring 2007 (I've had a daughter since and no postnatal / depression or other probs:) )

I went to my docs to ask him to do the form and he said he is happy to confirm I am well / all previous problems resolved and were mild but I'm nervous that although my doctor says that is fine (and he'd say I'm fine to look after other peoples children) - OFSTED docs may not see it that way and have a problem registering me? - what if they say my docs statement is not enough and they would want their own docs to see me (scared!)

I've only been with my current doctor for a year so he wasn't my doc when I had depression in 2006/ 7

Essentially (and sorry to ramble on! :blush: ) if my current doctor says there is no problem - are ofsted likely to be happy with this and also - should I ask my previous doctor (who I was a patient with since childhood so knows me well) to write a statement for the health declaration too or is this unnecessary?

Thank you so much and sorry to go on! - husband says I'm worrying unnecessarily so thought if I posted here you guys would understand! :)

x

misst104
22-03-2009, 11:20 AM
Hiya, I am registered as my friends assistant and had to fill in a health dec from for that in which I stated that I had suffered from post natal depression and there was not a problem. I got a letter back from Ofsted saying that they had decided that I was 'suitable to look after children' so I am sure it should be o.k. I am currently in the process of registering myself at home and I had to declare the info again on my forms and have heard nothing back from Ofsted so think its o.k. I would try not to worry :)

xxx

angeldelight
23-03-2009, 08:52 AM
You are only human we all have problems some worse than others so i hope things work out for you

Try not to worry

Keep us posted

Angel xx

estrelas
23-03-2009, 09:07 AM
same as above really

You had some hard times, and got through it. I think that makes you a stronger person. :)
If your doctor thinks you are ok, then you are, i'm sure Ofsted will be fine with that x
Good luck x