PDA

View Full Version : pre reg visit

Demonjill
21-03-2009, 08:48 PM
Hi, after your initial pre reg visit, if you are told there is something you need to correct with your house to make it safe do they come back out at a later date to check it has been done?

Just trying to gather as much info as poss and things keep popping into my head LOL:blush:

Blackhorse
21-03-2009, 09:19 PM
my CCO told me that if she finds anything she will make a recommendation for change and then I will have some time to get it fixed.
cannot remember is she said 2 weeks or if it was a matter of me phoning her upon completion of the work that needed to be done.
but yes you get time to put it right

Zoomie
21-03-2009, 09:38 PM
I suppose it depend on what needs doing. I personally haven't heard of them coming back, but they are perfectly within their rights to return and check.

You could send them a photo as confirmation.

Demonjill
21-03-2009, 09:49 PM
Thanks very much. :thumbsup:

Ive just no idea how strict they will be. I know my house has been safe enough over the years for my own kids. :)

Zoomie
21-03-2009, 09:50 PM
is there anything that you are particularly worried about ?

Demonjill
21-03-2009, 10:08 PM
well I never used cupboard drawer locks I always had a gate so kids couldnt get in kitchen at all. Never used socket covers ... I told kids not to touch and they never did.

My windows are old and can be locked but are a bit fiddly to unlock (potential fire hazard??) due to get new windows in the summer.

not sure if thats all.

my garden is fully enclosed with high fence except for one part where next doors wall is only about 3 foot high??

....still thinking....:(

daniellemummy
21-03-2009, 10:11 PM
as you'll see from my previous threads I'm new myself...but from what you've written you sound like you've identified the potential hazards so that surely shows you have common sense to OFSTED:) ? X