PDA

View Full Version : Need a brain storming session pretty please!

manjay
21-03-2009, 08:16 PM
I have been working on my NVQ all day and I have got definite brain freeze:panic: Baring in mind the age group 0-3 I have to come up with a weekly plan of activities that promote;

balance and co-ordination
gross motor skills
hand eye co-ordination

I have to provide opportunities for the children to experience each of the skills every day, making sure activities are provided indoors and outdoors everyday:panic:

Any suggestions would be gratefully received!

Daftbat
21-03-2009, 08:31 PM
I have been working on my NVQ all day and I have got definite brain freeze:panic: Baring in mind the age group 0-3 I have to come up with a weekly plan of activities that promote;

balance and co-ordination
gross motor skills
hand eye co-ordination

I have to provide opportunities for the children to experience each of the skills every day, making sure activities are provided indoors and outdoors everyday:panic:

Any suggestions would be gratefully received!

How about a simple obstacle course in the garden, could use hoola hoops on the floor and get kids to jump in to them. Also could use blow up ball and toss it to kids - they don't need to catch but could have a go - it won't matter if ball lands on heads as inflatable and light.

Inside could use building bricks for balance and co-ordination and hand eye co-ord.

manjay
21-03-2009, 08:34 PM
How about a simple obstacle course in the garden, could use hoola hoops on the floor and get kids to jump in to them. Also could use blow up ball and toss it to kids - they don't need to catch but could have a go - it won't matter if ball lands on heads as inflatable and light.

Inside could use building bricks for balance and co-ordination and hand eye co-ord.

Thank you xxx

uf353432
21-03-2009, 08:39 PM
Yes I was going to suggest an assault course too!

can be done inside or out.

rope on the floor or low beam for balancing on.
bean bags thrown into a bucket for hand eye coordination
dancing
jumping
skipping

gardening could be good for gross motor - bit of digging and then hand eye coordination with planting seeds. Balancing could be carrying a tray of things needed.

oooooh and Egg and spoon races - gross motor in running, balancing egg on spoon etc.

hand eye could be decorating eggs in advance of race

aly
21-03-2009, 08:45 PM
I'd like to know who Brian Storming is ;) :laughing::laughing:

In tesco a while ago I bought the Obstacle set which has the 'cups' [not sure what they are called but you can use them to do relays]
badminton rackets ball and other sporty type things.

Maybe make up a Sports Day??

good luck in planning

Pipsqueak
21-03-2009, 08:56 PM
You can borrow my brian for a storming session if you want:D He loves nothing more - all you gotta do is throw him a beer or two occasionally:laughing

got any scooters - promotes gross motor, co-ordination and balance

cooking - weighing and measuring promotes hand-eye

Blackhorse
21-03-2009, 09:00 PM
I'd like to know who Brian Storming is ;) :laughing::laughing:

seemingly he is a french artist

http://www.brianstorming.com.ar/

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

aly
21-03-2009, 09:11 PM
seemingly he is a french artist

http://www.brianstorming.com.ar/

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

lmao

You can borrow my brian for a storming session if you want:D He loves nothing more - all you gotta do is throw him a beer or two occasionally

even funnier lmao

manjay
21-03-2009, 09:45 PM
Glad I gave you a laugh

Pipsqueak
21-03-2009, 11:04 PM
Glad I gave you a laugh

Poor Brian - this is a reason why I just know he is dyslexic - he often spells his name Brain (Harry spells dads name like this too) - its quite ironical really:)

Actually you can have bri if you want - he is quite handy!!!:D

manjay
21-03-2009, 11:27 PM
Poor Brian - this is a reason why I just know he is dyslexic - he often spells his name Brain (Harry spells dads name like this too) - its quite ironical really:)

Actually you can have bri if you want - he is quite handy!!!:D

Can he do NVQ?:D

Pipsqueak
21-03-2009, 11:34 PM
Can he do NVQ?:D

MMMhhhhh- he'd probably just give you my file but I think he would give it a shot.... mind you I won't let him anywhere near my FD stuff. when I was doing the NVQ he told his work mate that I was doing my VD stuff :eek: workmate thought it was hilarous:D and had great joy in asking me (one day when he popped round) how my VD was doing much to my shock and horror.
Heaven knows what he has said I am doing now - perhaps gonorreah (?) - sounds quite similar to foundation degree:D

manjay
21-03-2009, 11:36 PM
MMMhhhhh- he'd probably just give you my file but I think he would give it a shot.... mind you I won't let him anywhere near my FD stuff. when I was doing the NVQ he told his work mate that I was doing my VD stuff :eek: workmate thought it was hilarous:D and had great joy in asking me (one day when he popped round) how my VD was doing much to my shock and horror.
Heaven knows what he has said I am doing now - perhaps gonorreah (?) - sounds quite similar to foundation degree:D

:laughing: :laughing: Just what I needed to cheer me up before I pack up and go to bed.

Pipsqueak
21-03-2009, 11:38 PM
:laughing: :laughing: Just what I needed to cheer me up before I pack up and go to bed.

hey, even I am taking a break tonight - you aren't still working are you?

glad I could make you smile before bed - everyone needs a Pip!:D

manjay
21-03-2009, 11:42 PM
hey, even I am taking a break tonight - you aren't still working are you?

glad I could make you smile before bed - everyone needs a Pip!:D

I have just finished 2 more units so I only have one more to go:clapping: :clapping: Giving up now as it is very nearly Mothers Day and I am certainly not working then:D

aly
22-03-2009, 11:43 AM
I have just finished 2 more units so I only have one more to go:clapping: :clapping: Giving up now as it is very nearly Mothers Day and I am certainly not working then:D
my god how late did you actually work :eek::eek:

I'm thinking of doing my nvq now not sure when yet though lol.

hope you rest today

manjay
22-03-2009, 01:03 PM
my god how late did you actually work :eek::eek:

I'm thinking of doing my nvq now not sure when yet though lol.

hope you rest today

Haha!! I was on a roll so wanted to get as much done as possible. I find it takes me a few weeks to work myself up to the right mind frame then I get loads done at once. Not the best way to do it but it works for me:thumbsup:

Chatterbox Childcare
22-03-2009, 03:43 PM
what about feeding - no not the lions. Fine motor kskills/hand eye co-ordin with the utensils used.

Head Shoulders Knees and Toes. Oakey Cokey, 1 2 3 4 5, If you are happy and you know it are good music realted one