PDA

View Full Version : Enquiry

mandy moo
21-03-2009, 04:50 PM
I have a teacher coming to see me on monday re space for her LO, he is 4 weeks at the mo, and it will be to start in september so i guess he'll be 7mths by then? I also know she is going to see another CM in the vilage as she told ( the CM that is)
It will only be term time which is exactly what we're (the other CM and me)both looking for and she has loads more experience than me. So am notexpecting to get the child.
What I would like to know from you ladies on here is..
Would you charge a depositor or retainer & how much approx (I charge £4 an hour )
Would you charge any thing for the holidays when the child isnt at the setting, on the basis that I may not be able to fill that space. Again how much?
and any thing else you think I shouldask..
tough one I know, but thanks in advance

helenlc
21-03-2009, 05:44 PM
I would ask for a deposit as its quite a while until the placement will start. Most CMs ask for a months fees as deposit.

I also think those that do term time only charge half fee as a retainer in any school holidays. As you say, you probably wont fill this space during holiday time only. Also, this includes any Inset/Teacher Training Days or if the school is closed if its used as a polling station etc.

Cant think of any other specific questions particularly, sorry:blush: .

Daftbat
21-03-2009, 05:56 PM
I would do term time only contract and not charge retainer for school holidays. I have a couple of term time only contracts which compliment a couple of holiday only ones so it works fine. I would also just take a deposit which can be taken off the first months invoice.

Shar
21-03-2009, 06:04 PM
I also do not charge anything for the school holidays if the child is term time only. I think thats why I have ended up with three teachers children!! The other children that I care for before & after school make up for the loss because they pay more in the holidays. It works great. This could be a good selling point for you if you decide to not charge for holidays.
I also charge 1 weeks fee as a deposit which will be used as the first weeks payment. Goog luck!!:thumbsup:

angeldelight
22-03-2009, 10:41 PM
To hold a place for that long I would expect at least a £100 deposit

It would be none refundable if they changed their minds

I dont charge if I do not have children in holidays but I do have other children that cover that

Good luck for tomorrow let us know how it goes

Angel xx

Pipsqueak
22-03-2009, 11:04 PM
Think positive hun and believe in yourself and abilities and wishing you lots of luck
just be you - you never know you could suit mum perfectly and "click".

mandy moo
23-03-2009, 02:16 PM
Not really sure how that went, dad came too and gave the baby a bottle whilst they were here. I do know however, they have " more CMs to see.

Hes (the baby:) ) 6 weeks old, been a longtime since Ive held one that young..
ANd no I didnt feel broody in the least..lol

Jules27
23-03-2009, 05:21 PM
Fingers crossed for you hun!!! :)

marion123
23-03-2009, 05:52 PM
fingers crossed for you i also had mindees from teachers and they were happy to pay me half fee in the holiday

angeldelight
24-03-2009, 07:47 AM
Not really sure how that went, dad came too and gave the baby a bottle whilst they were here. I do know however, they have " more CMs to see.

Hes (the baby:) ) 6 weeks old, been a longtime since Ive held one that young..
ANd no I didnt feel broody in the least..lol

Hope they get back to you

Angel xx