PDA

View Full Version : Broken 5 point harness on pushchair, Help please.

Toothfairy
21-03-2009, 04:06 PM
I have a Mothercare Urban Detour 3 wheel buggie. It has been in the shed for about a year as I'm using the double buggie at the moment.

I have just got it out to have a look at, as I am going to start using it again soon and I have noticed that one of the plastic clips on the 5 point harness has snapped.

I have looked on line and I have rung Mothercare but no one knows if you can buy just the harness itself. I dont want to have to buy a new buugy just because of this as the rest of the buggy is in fab condition but I cant use it with a broken harness.

Any advice welcome.

Shirlwith3
21-03-2009, 04:11 PM
I know you have asked mothercare but counld't they call thier headoffice or where ever they make the pushcahir to ask if you could have a new harness, like you say it's shame to have to buy a new pushcahir when it is just the harness broken.

Shirl

buildingblocks
21-03-2009, 04:37 PM
As has been said ring head office and ask them if they say no say that is fine you had been due to buy a double buggy from them but you will take your business elsewhere (say Toys r Us) and buy a double and now a single for them bet that gets you a spare part from them

Pedagog
21-03-2009, 04:52 PM
You can often buy the plastic parts in good haberdashery.

manjay
21-03-2009, 05:04 PM
I had this happen but it was my Maclaren. I rang their head office and they were really helpful. I had to take it to a specified dealer to be fixed but it was really cheap. If Mothercare are no use I would try and see if you have any local independant baby equipment shops. they may be able to help on getting spare parts

Pudding Girl
21-03-2009, 05:21 PM
Are there D rings that you can attach a seperate reins/harness to?

youarewhatyoueat
21-03-2009, 05:36 PM
just looked on ebay and someone is selling parts,have a look the number is 250388622944

helenlc
21-03-2009, 05:40 PM
I was just about to say, if there are D rings in the corner of the seat, you could use a reins harness.

Did you ask Mothercare about how much it would cost to send it away to be fixed? Or did you just ask about replacing the part?

balloon
21-03-2009, 06:54 PM
camping shops sell harness clips if you can't get any joy from mothercare

rickysmiths
21-03-2009, 07:28 PM
I had a similar problem with a Mothercare high chair and frankly they were useless, all they wanted was to sell me a new one.

I never shop their anymore and now they own Early Learning I very rarely go in there because the same thing will happen about broken or replacement parts.

Sorry to be so negative.:( :(

Toothfairy
21-03-2009, 09:50 PM
Mothercare where hopeless, said they had never had to deal with a request like this and did not know what to suggest!

I will ring head office and I will look on ebay.

Thanks everyone.:thumbsup: