PDA

View Full Version : Vistaprint Garden Signs

Pudding Girl
21-03-2009, 01:20 PM
Has anyone ordered one of the big lawn signs for their business from Vistaprint?

FizzysFriends
21-03-2009, 01:21 PM
Not seen them, off to take a peek.

rickysmiths
21-03-2009, 01:36 PM
Sorry I can't think of anything worse than to have that in my front garden!!:eek:

Anyhow do be very careful before you put anything like this outside a residential property because you will usually find that it states in the Deeds of your house that you can't advertise a business on the outside of your property.:(

I would also have Safeguarding issuses as I work in the house, on my own with very young children and babies, as to so blatantly advertising the fact on the street to all who pass by. :panic:

I celebrate the fact that I am not an insitution.:clapping:

Pudding Girl
21-03-2009, 02:50 PM
Your last argument has been discussed on here before actually, was pretty much a 50/50 split really as to which side of the fence that you are on if I recall.

I'll check out the house legal stuff before doing it, but seeing as Cming is exempt from most of these I think it'll be fine, but just to be on the safe side... hadn't thought of that!

Mouse
21-03-2009, 03:11 PM
Personally I wouldn't put anything in my garden (or window) that indicated I was a childminder. Obviously all the neighbours know what I do, but I wouldn't want it being advertised to just anyone who walked by.

Would you want it to advertise your business or just as a sign to show that you're there?

rickysmiths
21-03-2009, 03:24 PM
Your last argument has been discussed on here before actually, was pretty much a 50/50 split really as to which side of the fence that you are on if I recall.

I'll check out the house legal stuff before doing it, but seeing as Cming is exempt from most of these I think it'll be fine, but just to be on the safe side... hadn't thought of that!

Sorry I didn't want to upset you. Of course its up to you what you do. :blush:

huggableshelly
21-03-2009, 03:56 PM
I wouldnt go for a garden sign but people only have to look at my home to realise I'm either a childminder or a mad woman as my porch is usually decorated with artwork by the children.

I actually gained a child by a passer by just walking and knocked the door to ask if i was a cm and if i had any spaces.

being on a main road close to a secondary school a garden post wouldnt last long here.too temping for children to take as a new bat or summat.

Rubybubbles
21-03-2009, 04:08 PM
hey, if you want it go for it:D I have a window one from Vista on mine it looks fab! Although no-one goes past my house to see it:rolleyes: so quiet

Pedagog
21-03-2009, 05:01 PM
I haven't seen those. How much are they?

Don't want one for Childminding, but do have a use for one. Also could be good for safety messages in back garden near large play equipment.

Pudding Girl
21-03-2009, 05:22 PM
Sorry I didn't want to upset you. Of course its up to you what you do. :blush:

You didn't :)

FizzysFriends
21-03-2009, 05:40 PM
I haven't seen those. How much are they?

Don't want one for Childminding, but do have a use for one. Also could be good for safety messages in back garden near large play equipment.

I was thinking that.

Pedagog
21-03-2009, 06:20 PM
Found them Here (http://www.vistaprint.co.uk/lawn-signs.aspx?xnav=LeftItem&xnid=MarketingSignage&dng=1141720)

Small ones 457mm X 305mm £7.49

Large ones 686mm X 487mm £12.74

Pudding Girl
21-03-2009, 06:40 PM
http://www.online-sign.com/index.php#

These might be better for those wanting warning signs.

I ordered my sign :) paid a bit more to have my own logo on it but well worth it imo

childminder54
21-03-2009, 08:44 PM
i was thinking about putting a sign in my window saying i have vacancys..
we are not having any phone call.one childminder i go on courses with is looking for another job as she has only got one child part time which i will have when she finishes and her husband has lost his job..as i like on the main road..

veronica

OrlandoBelle
21-03-2009, 09:21 PM
I have a small window cling in my kitchen window. Mainly because my house is quite hard to find, so any new parents who come to visit will know they're at the right address. I don't think I would go as far as putting up a sign that big though. At the end of the day, it's still my house. Don't want it looking like a nursery from the outside. Nice idea for the garden though.:)

Pudding Girl
22-03-2009, 11:20 AM
Trying to imgaine how big they actually are but it's hard lol!

Pedagog
09-04-2009, 12:41 PM
I had an email to get a free small sign it came to day and I have to say its nice.

Its just over A3 (two A4 sheets) in size.

geraldine72
09-04-2009, 12:47 PM
i'd be very careful about ordering from vista print as we got tshirts from them and they were great really cheap and nice. 6 months later i realised they had been using my card details to take £10 a couple of times a month without my permission. they said i'd agreed to join their reward scheme (smallprint online when ordering) which i'm sure i didn't anyway theres a big thing online about this loads of complaints. i've had to change my debit card to stop them from taking anymore money. they are based abroad so can get away with this as laws are different.

Pedagog
09-04-2009, 01:12 PM
i'd be very careful about ordering from vista print as we got tshirts from them and they were great really cheap and nice. 6 months later i realised they had been using my card details to take £10 a couple of times a month without my permission. they said i'd agreed to join their reward scheme (smallprint online when ordering) which i'm sure i didn't anyway theres a big thing online about this loads of complaints. i've had to change my debit card to stop them from taking anymore money. they are based abroad so can get away with this as laws are different.

They did that to me a few years back, but I complained and they refunded me everything.