PDA

View Full Version : Am Cross

Pipsqueak
05-02-2008, 12:19 PM
Our local borough council (in their wisdom) have an information ad in the local mag stating that they are introducing their own quality assurance scheme which "exceeds OFSTED's standards".

What has made me cross is that it makes no mention that it is an equivelent to QF and that some settings (in my particular interest - minders) are already exceeding guideline Standards:angry: :angry:

Basically parents will see the local "assurance" and assume that those who don't have it are not equal to or equivelent of.:angry:

So that means yet another flippin course

Oh and no-one has been informed - we have been left to find this out for ourselves in the local mag and when you phone up to speak to the person she is out of the office for the day:mad:

Sorry had to have a rant...

angeldelight
05-02-2008, 12:33 PM
Dont blame you ranting

It is so often the way we find out about things too

It is very annoying

Angel xx

sarah707
05-02-2008, 12:35 PM
How annoying!

At least you know you already exceed standards so it's just a matter of ticking a few boxes! :D

Pipsqueak
05-02-2008, 12:41 PM
You can bet it won't just be a ticking box thing though - it will probably be more writing and evidence gathering..... oh well I going to be at a loose end once I send my QF of and complete my NVQ (in the very near future...):laughing:

Banana
05-02-2008, 01:04 PM
Oh dear Vik...

you rant away!! Its never ending isnt it lol

xx

Schnakes
05-02-2008, 08:10 PM
Our EYWT are doing this too - inspections start after March.

I dont know why but I feel a bit like....Im OFSTED registered. I expect them to come to my home and have a good poke round. Anyone else should ****** well ask me first rather than telling me!

As it happens I dont mind because anything that improves my professional status is okay by me - I just found their way of "telling" us very rude.

Sx

Minnie Minx
05-02-2008, 08:12 PM
that's really out of order, i hope the council is ashamed of itself for not informing you

xx

LittleMissSparkles
05-02-2008, 09:11 PM
more changes !!!!

buildingblocks
06-02-2008, 08:02 PM
If they are anything like ourr EY scheme they like to try and tell you how you should be running your business so you are all the same - doh hello I own my business not you

Pipsqueak
06-02-2008, 08:20 PM
Well I went to ask my development officer and the ladies in our local NCMA office and not one of them knew anything about it - even they haven't been informed.

The NCMA lady "hopes that the QF criteria will meet this and so you should get awarded the local council kitemark without having to do any extra work". Here's fingers crossed eh??? (doubt it)

I was stunned that they didn't know anything about it though - its gone in the local press!

What I am also cross at is the way its worded - "this quality assurance exceeds OFSTED standards and expectations" . When I showed this to my parents they said that if they were looking for a minder then they would seek out minders who had this and assume that QF and other qualifications were not applicable or assurance of a minder. My point exactly, it should have been worded "equivilent to QF"