PDA

View Full Version : OFSTED PHONE CALL TODAY - BUT WHY??

Mollymop
20-03-2009, 09:05 PM
I had ofsted call me today and ask me what times I work and the days. I have JUST had my inspection (in November) and got all goods, I asked why they had phoned me asking this and I wouldn't say anymore until I was satisfied they were actually calling from Ofsted - he said it was because my inspector at inspection hadn't updated the hours and times I work.

Why do they need to know this? Has anyone else been asked by ofsted what hours and days they work AFTER an inspection?

Thanks

Demonjill
20-03-2009, 09:11 PM
Hmmmm sounds a bit suspicious. Maybe I am wrong but it could have been another minder trying to get some info or unsettle you!:angry:

Do you not have a way of checking if its real or not?

Mollymop
20-03-2009, 09:26 PM
Hmmmm sounds a bit suspicious. Maybe I am wrong but it could have been another minder trying to get some info or unsettle you!:angry:

Do you not have a way of checking if its real or not?

Sorry, I didn't make that part clear, but it was infact ofsted who called - i did the "1471" and it was thier 0845 number.

haribo
20-03-2009, 09:26 PM
not sure,but i cant remember being asked during my inspection what hours and days i worked, but may have forgotten. were you satisfied it was ofsted? .oops sorry posted same time.

Mollymop
20-03-2009, 09:28 PM
Yep, it was them, see post above. I wonder why they would phone to aske me the hours I work! God, it is worrying me now!!!:panic:

haribo
20-03-2009, 09:32 PM
probably absolutely no reason to worry. they probably just going over and checking early inspections. i was phoned about 3 days after mine , i nearly died, iut was to check the ages of the mindees. dont worry and enjoy your weekend, if your still bothered next week you could phone and ask if everythings ok. xx

Mollymop
20-03-2009, 09:39 PM
probably absolutely no reason to worry. they probably just going over and checking early inspections. i was phoned about 3 days after mine , i nearly died, iut was to check the ages of the mindees. dont worry and enjoy your weekend, if your still bothered next week you could phone and ask if everythings ok. xx

Thanks so much, you have made me feel so much better. :thumbsup:

He told me it was cos inspector didn't update this info,fiar enough, why should I think he was telling porkies?? he would tell me if something was wrong wouldn't he?

He asked me if I work weekends, all year or just termtime, over night, etc, so ot wasn't made up, he must have been updating my information

i am just a paranoid gal:rolleyes:

haribo
20-03-2009, 09:46 PM
haha now relax with a glass of something nice.:clapping:

Pauline
20-03-2009, 10:24 PM
Don't panic, I've heard of the same thing happening :)

cuddlybunny38
20-03-2009, 10:30 PM
I also had this today and so have other childminers where I live, they are doing it in alphabetical order. they said its for there recoerds dont know why though as they know at your inspection anyway.

Mollymop
20-03-2009, 10:39 PM
Phew!!! Thanks girlies!:clapping:

miss sunshine
21-03-2009, 04:27 PM
i had this too they phoned me asking the same things, and my last inspection was back in jan 2007. when i asked why they called they just said they were updating their records.

jeanybeany
21-03-2009, 04:43 PM
My friend has had the same phone call from ofsted and she was also inspected around that time.

Rubybubbles
21-03-2009, 05:07 PM
I had this call on Thurs at 3pm, I was really off with them as I was just leaving for school run:blush: I said phone me back tomorrow!

Checked the number, then she called again yesterday! same thing, opening hours, overnight, weekends very strange! Said about updating records to me too. Nothing was asked about my mindies thats where I would draw the line TBH!

TheBTeam
21-03-2009, 06:09 PM
Yep, it was them, see post above. I wonder why they would phone to aske me the hours I work! God, it is worrying me now!!!:panic:

They phoned my husband yesterday, he is a reg cm and had inspection in nov 08, they asked the same questions, if they are doing it in alphabetical order they have missed me!

vix84
23-03-2009, 08:29 AM
Ive had this before - dont panic, its normal!

angeldelight
23-03-2009, 08:31 AM
Oh Sandra have you been a naughty girl ?

I am sure you were eating some of the kids cakes last week ?

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Angel xx

flora
23-03-2009, 10:01 AM
I had this too Sandra, on friday some lad with a very sexy voice left me a very nice msg on my machine.

I am ringing in a while:thumbsup:

christine e
23-03-2009, 10:52 AM
Hi

I am a support childminder and a childminder who I support called me last week because she had a similar call and was worried, they checked how many children she was minding and asked if she minded overnight. She was really worried so now I can reassure her that others have had this type of call.

Cx

angeldelight
23-03-2009, 10:56 AM
I had this too Sandra, on friday some lad with a very sexy voice left me a very nice msg on my machine.

I am ringing in a while:thumbsup:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

lesley
23-03-2009, 01:43 PM
I had one last week too, and thought is was odd. So I glad lots of you have had them too.

Lesley

Jules27
23-03-2009, 05:19 PM
I had this phone call this evening, so glad I had read this thread or else think I would have gone to panic mode when he said he was calling from Ofsted!!!:)