PDA

View Full Version : Settling in and Notice Periods

singlewiththree
20-03-2009, 06:29 PM
Can someone just clarify if I have this right.

If I give 4 weeks settling in period with a new mindee. If I decide its not working out do I then have to give 4 weeks notice, if thats the case why do we have a settling in period as surely both sides can end the contract with 4 wks notice anyway?

helenlc
20-03-2009, 06:40 PM
I have a 4 week settling in period and state that during this time, the 4 week notice period doesnt have to be followed. Obviously I risk that parents can cancel at any time, but it makes it easier for the children and parents - if they really are not happy then why prolong it by having to do 4 weeks on top of what they have already done.

I do say that all other aspects of our contract still stand during the settling in period - its just the notice time that is different.

Twinkles
20-03-2009, 06:41 PM
If you have a four week settling in period you or the parents can terminate the contract at any time within those four weeks without the usual notice.

sammy
20-03-2009, 06:55 PM
yes mines the same, you have 4 weeks to settle in if they dont then - see ya laters!! you dont have to give any more notice periods, just have a discussion and say its not working out so dont come back tommorow, final!!

I normally do the whole 4 weeks then i start the contract the day after the settling period has finished.

Polka Dots
20-03-2009, 08:26 PM
My settling in period will be 4 weeks with notice of 1 week. After the settling in period notice reverts back to 4 weeks.

Spangles
20-03-2009, 08:38 PM
I have a 4 week settling in period and if either side aren't happy during that 4 weeks they can end the contract with immediate effect ie. no notice.