PDA

View Full Version : I don't believe it!!

theoldwoman
19-03-2009, 11:04 PM
One of my mindees was late today, when she arrived her dad said it was because mum had just given her a suppository as she was constipated!!! How cruel is that, she kept saying her bottom was hurting - and then you can imagine what the nappies were like. Fancy doing that to her just as she was coming to me - cruel to both of us :mad:

Annie_T
19-03-2009, 11:16 PM
aww bles sher. i had to do it to my girl tho ... hated doing it but it made her go ... a ickle bit. (my girl was 6yrs old tho)

i tend to use califig to make them go

Pedagog
19-03-2009, 11:54 PM
One of my mindees was late today, when she arrived her dad said it was because mum had just given her a suppository as she was constipated!!! How cruel is that, she kept saying her bottom was hurting - and then you can imagine what the nappies were like. Fancy doing that to her just as she was coming to me - cruel to both of us :mad:

Its not cruel, at least you are helping the child. As long as it was prescribed.

My two sons both suffered terribly with constipation, and my youngest had to have suppositories for years, along with lactulose, and senna every day, at two he was on 3 times the adult dose. If you have ever had a child that gets to the stage here they need suppositories you would realise how cruel it is is not to use them. It is agony watching a young constipated child.

I feel sorry for you, but if the nappies were that bad that quickly she probably wasn't that constipated. I feel for you having to change her, but its worse having to insert them.

huggableshelly
20-03-2009, 07:54 AM
aww poor thing, just be aware that her little tummy will hurt too and she will be whingey.

sarah707
20-03-2009, 07:57 AM
They should keep her at home if she's clearly not well.

Some parents just don't realise do they? :(

If she continues to be upset you need to ring them x

RedDragon
20-03-2009, 09:05 AM
They should keep her at home if she's clearly not well.

Some parents just don't realise do they? :(

If she continues to be upset you need to ring them x

Totally agree.

nannymcflea
20-03-2009, 12:25 PM
I had one who suffered terribly with constipation, she'd be screaming and trying to go. We tried everything between us and now she has grown out of it a lot but still sometimes has trouble. A lot was the too healthy diet, brown bread, not enough fat and not enough water etc. Now parents are more relaxed and allow her diet to not be so strict (for want of a better word).
Poor things it must be so painful.

angeldelight
23-03-2009, 07:52 AM

Hope the little one is better now

Angel xx