PDA

View Full Version : Getting a variation....need advice pls

Zoemum2four
19-03-2009, 09:19 PM
I've had a lady come and visit me and she has 8mth old twins and she's decided that she want me to have them, she doesn't need me until june so by then the twins will be 11mths old.... Im writing to ofsted for a variation and have just explained that situations and asked if i could have a variation for a mth......Do any of you think this is going to be a problem to get. I was always under the understanding if it's twins then osted will give you the variation......And its only for 1 month......

sue
19-03-2009, 09:33 PM
Can't see this as a problem. GOOD LUCK with twins think you are going to have lots of fun:jump for joy:

loocyloo
19-03-2009, 09:36 PM
i have had a couple of varaitions for twins under 1 ... both within a few months of being registered! one set were 2 days a week, another set were 1 day week !!!

( and they had similar names too! thank goodness neither set were identical! )

good luck! twins are lots of fun.

xx

youarewhatyoueat
19-03-2009, 09:38 PM
Shouldn't be a problem,I had a variation for 2 8 month old babies,I wrote to ofsted and they phoned me a few days later and asked if I had the facilities to cope i.e. double buggy,2 highchairs,2 travel cots,2 car seats etc. I then got the approval through a couple of weeks later.something I didn't know is that I am now approved for 2 under 1's permanently.

sonia ann
20-03-2009, 07:11 AM
Shouldn't be a problem,I had a variation for 2 8 month old babies,I wrote to ofsted and they phoned me a few days later and asked if I had the facilities to cope i.e. double buggy,2 highchairs,2 travel cots,2 car seats etc. I then got the approval through a couple of weeks later.something I didn't know is that I am now approved for 2 under 1's permanently.

A cm friend of mine did this and this happened to her .I thought she had read it wrong but she insisted that even though she didnt have the twins anymore she was now registered to have two under ones permanently. I was dubious but you have now had the same experience.... I think I owe her an apology:o

huggableshelly
20-03-2009, 07:15 AM
I had a variation for 11 month old twins but it only applied to the twins, if i want to take on new babies i would ahve to reapply for a new variation, i would check with ofsted before presuming its ok to take on another 2 under ones, yout friend maybe right its different for everyone so its always worth checking.

Zoemum2four enjoy your new mindess ofsted are bound to honour your request.