PDA

View Full Version : Partnerships with other settings.

singlewiththree
19-03-2009, 08:39 PM
OK I have a

1 yr old - who attends another childminder so I can liase with her
18mth old - only me and his mum
4yr old - attends adhoc most 1 day in the hols he attends nursery.

I know for the 1yr old I could ring the other CM up and liase, but do I really need to contact the nursery for the 4yr old?

Chatterbox Childcare
19-03-2009, 08:40 PM
I wrote to the nursery and we agreed to talk at the beginning and end of each session. A very few words about how he is and what he has eaten and what he has done/enjoyed.

I also have a copy of their newsletter one file.

singlewiththree
19-03-2009, 08:44 PM
Well the newsletter I can do as my DD goes there too. They did have a chat with me after he first started coming to me asking how he interacted with the other children and what kind of activities he liked. All he does is run round the nursery pretending to be a train or playing an air guitar apparently there. He was slightly better for me but hard work. Should I note down what was said in the conversation and date it?

Chatterbox Childcare
19-03-2009, 08:46 PM
Keep noting it down and show that you have discussed this with the parents too.

sarah707
19-03-2009, 09:11 PM
You can only do your best.

I aim for one comment from nursery / playgroup a month to show liaising... even if it's something the child tells me he's doing there or something I've read in newsletters, I write it down. Then I make a note to plan from it... so if he's enjoyed washing the cars outside at playgroup, I'll say I complement that activity with water play.

Hth :D

marion123
20-03-2009, 08:50 AM
my mindee goes to nursery all day till 3pm then i pick him up the nursery is great they have a book and we both write in it :)