PDA

View Full Version : alittle bit stressed

estrelas
19-03-2009, 08:14 PM
with a sore head!!
Don't think i have thought so much in years!! well since uni anyway,

Hows all the other pre reg people feeling?

Can't wait to finish my job on saturday so just have one thing to think about :)

Thanks to the people for making this forum its been a great help,
Going for some wine and a chill in the bath :)

Gizmo
19-03-2009, 08:19 PM
i am getting a bit strug up as well, keep thinking I am doing things in the wrong order.Sent in my app form and disclosures then got pack through from scma should i have done it the other way round, supposed to be going on course in april to help you fill in app form and policies but mine are already done.think i need wine as well as my brain is going to explode.!!!!!!!!!!
:panic: :panic: :panic:

Joy xx

Chanelle
19-03-2009, 08:23 PM
I have been feeling the same. But since I had my Pre-Reg that went well I have been feling much better.

I am sure once you have your little one starting on Monday you will start to feel more in control of how things are going. :)

uf353432
19-03-2009, 08:30 PM
I have been stressed, but now the pre reg is out the way I am just playing a waiting game now.

I have everything pretty much in place to start - just waiting on the green light from the powers that be. OOOh and some mindees!

but yes before pre reg and when on ICP course it was a bit overwhelming. Just make a list of the things you need to do, keep adding to it and cross things off as you go and before you know it you will be ready and less overwhelmed.

Chatterbox Childcare
19-03-2009, 08:45 PM
Don't think you have the monopoly on sore heads just because you are pre reg. Us "oldies" have struggled too :jump for joy: :jump for joy:

Persevere and you will get there and it won't seem as bad as it looks.

Miriam
20-03-2009, 10:04 AM
I thought it was just me who was stressed. I don't really know what I am doing, as I have had very little guidance as my ICP course was cancelled in January but I went ahead and got on with my application myself.

I have done my first aid, and give up my admin job which I hated and am now working as a part time nanny (which I love!) while trying to get registered. But without much guidance it is hard.

I am just about to send off my application form - just waiting for my last reference to come back, then hope that I don;t get the call too soon as I still have stuff I need to do. I am spending today writing policies and getting a parent info pack together to show the inspector (and hopefully prospective parents one day), I have studied the EYFS and will continue to do so, and I am working on getting the house ready. I just hope I am doing everything right :(

People keep saying that at pre-reg the inspector just wants to see that you have thought things through and can demonstrate that you can care for and plan and observe under 5's ok, so I hope that I will be ok. But they must ask soo much cos most pre-regs last a long time, sometimes I get so worried I don't really know where to start. :panic:

But I have wanted to childmind for so long so I guess like everyone else I will just keep going. Better get on with it then. Before I can start on the childminding stuff I have to do planning for my activities for my nanny job next week as well, as I am looking after a 19 month old and two boys of 6 and 7 and their mum wants the boys entertained as well as they are on easter hols already (private school). Sometimes wonder why nanny's get away without having to do all this while childminders have to record everything! HUMMM.

Have a good day everyone..

Miriam :D

Beckieboo
20-03-2009, 11:47 AM
Hi, I was so stressed last week, i had my pre reg visit on wednesday and spent all day and night since last thursday when i got the phone call, reading threads, paperwork, filing, cleaning, etc My pre reg visit went really well and only lasted an hour and 45 mins! :clapping:
I could not understand what i had been working myself up about! Anyway i am too playing the waiting game and tracking CRB's but i just feel excited now and cannot wait to start!!:jump for joy:

It's this forum that keeps me sane! :laughing:

estrelas
20-03-2009, 05:16 PM
thanks for replies guys

I'm back to normal today :) :)
can't wait to finish my job tomorrow :laughing: :laughing:

Sorry i winged :blush: I know alot of people are in the same boat, but my head was sooooooooo sore :)

Happier today things are coming together, had a few enquiries at the school so not to bad x

angeldelight
20-03-2009, 05:18 PM
Glad to hear you are not so stressed today

Hope your last day goes ok tomorrow

Angel xx

estrelas
20-03-2009, 05:22 PM
thanks angel, i will miss my job as i love it

But all this good weather is making me itch to be in the park :laughing:

angeldelight
20-03-2009, 05:23 PM
Yes and the park is much more fun ha

xxx

Chatterbox Childcare
20-03-2009, 05:23 PM
24 hours to go....

misst104
20-03-2009, 06:10 PM
Hope your last day at work goes well and you get the certificate tomorrow :)

I'm feeling just the same as the rest of us pre-reg peeps I think. We will be fine girls :thumbsup:

xxx

estrelas
20-03-2009, 06:11 PM
:group hug:

jellytot
20-03-2009, 06:11 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: just for luck

estrelas
20-03-2009, 06:13 PM
Thanks guys xx