PDA

View Full Version : Anyone after a new single pushchair? mega bargain at Argos

madasahatter
19-03-2009, 07:28 PM
I bought one of these a couple of months ago in the argos sale (at £75, original price £110 ish) and it's fab. Really light, very easy to push single handed, though a bit bulky when collapsed for taking in the car. I've just noticed that they are now only £38....an absolute bargain!!!! grab one now if you need one!

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3761982.htm

donnadoo2004200
19-03-2009, 07:33 PM
OMG I cant believe it I was looking at this one a few weeks ago, but I was a bit short of cash. I will def be getting one tomorow. Fantastic thankyou for sharing.:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

jibberjitz
19-03-2009, 08:11 PM
Wow bargain!!!

Alibali
19-03-2009, 08:29 PM
Just reserved one, ta.

SmartKids
19-03-2009, 08:49 PM
thanks for that my urban detour is now wobbly and needs new wheels so have just reserved one.

madasahatter
19-03-2009, 09:02 PM
I read the reviews for it and was a bit put off but bought it anyway. I have to say that some of the reviews are right....it is quite wide (though goes easily through my front door) and is quite (?very) bulky when collapsed, but I find it sooooo easy to push. It is really lightweight and easy to steer. You have to be a little careful when negotiating kerbs, but this is because it is a 3 wheeler and you always have that slightly unbalanced feeling when manouvring the back wheels up the kerb. I use mine for the school runs mainly which is only a short distance (400m) but quite a steep hill and I can easily manage to push it one handed whilst holding reins/hands of 2 toddlers.
In the reviews someone commented that it was awkward in shops due to its size...it can be, but it depends on the shops. It is definitely awkward in shops that cram everything together and put extras in the aisles and when a disabled person would struggle to get round.
It is great for bumping up and down steps, particularly those awkward steps you get with a lip that small wheels on buggies get trapped under.
All in all I am very very pleased with my mamu. I thought it was a bargain when I paid £75 so good luck to everyone who benefits from the even better price available now.
In case anyone is interested I found out about the good price on this website
http://www.offeroftheday.co.uk/

sammy
19-03-2009, 09:11 PM
I read the reviews for it and was a bit put off but bought it anyway. I have to say that some of the reviews are right....it is quite wide (though goes easily through my front door) and is quite (?very) bulky when collapsed, but I find it sooooo easy to push. It is really lightweight and easy to steer. You have to be a little careful when negotiating kerbs, but this is because it is a 3 wheeler and you always have that slightly unbalanced feeling when manouvring the back wheels up the kerb. I use mine for the school runs mainly which is only a short distance (400m) but quite a steep hill and I can easily manage to push it one handed whilst holding reins/hands of 2 toddlers.
In the reviews someone commented that it was awkward in shops due to its size...it can be, but it depends on the shops. It is definitely awkward in shops that cram everything together and put extras in the aisles and when a disabled person would struggle to get round.
It is great for bumping up and down steps, particularly those awkward steps you get with a lip that small wheels on buggies get trapped under.
All in all I am very very pleased with my mamu. I thought it was a bargain when I paid £75 so good luck to everyone who benefits from the even better price available now.
In case anyone is interested I found out about the good price on this website
http://www.offeroftheday.co.uk/

THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU, I have been seraching for this website for AGES, i used it all the time, then my computer broke so couldnt get my favorites up anymore!!

im going shopping for a bargain - la la la la la la

Pudding Girl
19-03-2009, 09:32 PM
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3754889/Trail/searchtext%3EBABY+JOGGER.htm

this is what I have and it's the BEST buggy ever had, even surpasses the P&T!!

you lift the handle in the seat and shoom it's folded up! brill!

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3762101/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CNursery%7C12109130/c_2/2%7Ccat_12109130%7CClearance+nursery%7C12745822.ht m

this is what my mindees mum has and she loves it so much she had one for 1st child and now bought the same for her 2nd lol

huggableshelly
20-03-2009, 07:57 AM
hmm I need a new one ... well I dont lol but dont like either of those

not seen one i like yet either.

sarahstanbridge
20-03-2009, 01:04 PM
whats the harness like as i dont like the ones on mamas and papas prams? are the should straps fited to the back of pram or are the loose?

I bought one of these a couple of months ago in the argos sale (at £75, original price £110 ish) and it's fab. Really light, very easy to push single handed, though a bit bulky when collapsed for taking in the car. I've just noticed that they are now only £38....an absolute bargain!!!! grab one now if you need one!

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3761982.htm

littletreasures
20-03-2009, 01:08 PM
I've been put off buying that one because of the reviews. However, there is a Cosatto Venture 3 wheel buggy in Argos as well for the same price and the reviews for that one seem to be much better, so going to buy that this afternoon.

madasahatter
20-03-2009, 01:30 PM
whats the harness like as i dont like the ones on mamas and papas prams? are the should straps fited to the back of pram or are the loose?

Having just been and looked at mine I think they would be classed as loose. The shoulder straps are attached at the back to the waist straps that go through D rings at the side. I have to say that I haven't noticed any problem with the straps being like that. I assume it may be to do with children being able to lean forwards slightly more than with shoulder straps that attach directly to the pushchair, but that would also be governed to some degree by how tightly you have the straps adjusted to fit the child.

ruby
20-03-2009, 03:09 PM
we are after a new one they all look good but the handles are not tall enough as rachel is 6ft !in so need long handles other wise they give her back ache hunching over the handles

cathy

Demonjill
20-03-2009, 04:07 PM
Oooh I love bargains. Its always tempting to buy things and convince yourself you need them LOL.

Im not registered yet but I have some spare pennies LOL:D

helenlc
20-03-2009, 06:44 PM
I am resisting as I got a second hand Urban Detour a couple of weeks ago!!!

littletreasures
20-03-2009, 06:47 PM
I went to Argos this afternoon and bought the Cosatto Venture buggy. It said it was khaki online, wasn't sure about the colour. When I got it home and took it out of the box it was red.:clapping: :clapping:

Put it together and mindee wanted to get in it straight away. It seems lovely to push and the seat is wider so I am hoping other mindee will sleep a bit better in it. (He doesn't sleep anywhere else and Mum puts him in buggy to sleep)

Now I've got to convince hubby I really needed it!!!

littlestar
20-03-2009, 11:32 PM
i have just researved one to buy in the morn do you no anyone if this is ok to fit a buggy board to?

Toothfairy
21-03-2009, 02:41 PM
Fantastic, I hope there are still some left when I get paid on Tuesday.
I have been hunting for a decent single buggy that won't break the bank and this seems just the ticket.:thumbsup:

nicole_kirsty
21-03-2009, 03:53 PM
Just reserved mine and the other half is going to pick it up in a bit!!! :clapping: :clapping:

Thanks
Nic x

sarahstanbridge
02-05-2009, 03:09 PM
thanks to whoever it was who mentioned that the cossatto was the same price as the mamu 3 wheeleri have now got one and used it for the first time on thursday and it was so nice to push and my 11 month old mindie was very happy in it. in fact i would say that he was happier in it than he was my big silver cross linear... LOl - anyway thanks again for the tip..

Hebs
02-05-2009, 03:21 PM
thats odd it's still £73 on mine??

youarewhatyoueat
02-05-2009, 04:54 PM
Argos had these for £37 a couple of months back, keep an eye out they may go down more

PixiePetal
02-05-2009, 04:55 PM
Missed that one then :(

Hope it comes back :)

ChristineF
02-05-2009, 07:23 PM

It still says £73 on mine too! :( Nice buggy too, I could've convinced my hubby that we needed it for our wee girl! Aww well.

LittleMissSparkles
02-05-2009, 07:48 PM

same here ! x

sarahstanbridge
02-05-2009, 09:36 PM
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3762101.htm

heres the link for the one i bought. says £51 now but people on the other forum i am on are saying that it is coming up at £40 at the till!!! even at £51 i think it is still a bargin. also mine came in red not kharki colour..