PDA

View Full Version : you would think being a nanny she would know the rules of payment

sammy
19-03-2009, 07:02 PM
one of my parents who has a nannying job, brings her 2 little ones to me for 4 hours 1 day a week, last week she was 45mins late collecting them due to traffic, thing is that meant i had them til 7.30, which with 3 of my own was a pain (she doesnt make a habit of being late though - thank god!)

Anyway then today she asked if i could have just one of her children next week as she wants to take the other one to the cinema (she said i will pay you the same as she wont be here, im thinking - yes thats right as it would be classed as a days holiday for her so full fee,) then looking at the times she wants me to have him for an extra hour and 15 mins on top of the 4 hours.

So she thinks shes doing ME a favour as im getting paid for 2 children but only having one! and that i should do the 1 hour and 15 mins more for nothing!!

And shes a nanny!! im sure she would ask for payment for those extra hours.

I wrote it down on a piece of paper just saying how much extra it will be and how much she owes for overtime and popped it in her bag.

Dragonfly
19-03-2009, 07:05 PM
Good on you. Probably just trying it on, she see your no fool.

sammy
19-03-2009, 07:12 PM
i must admit i was a bit worried especially when she started to read it in front of me, she nodded her head and said oh ok!

she got funny last week as i asked for a jumper and boots for spares in case it got cold when we were out, she then sent me a text to say "i felt as though you had told me off!

so im waiting for her text!!!.........

huggableshelly
20-03-2009, 08:03 AM
yep she should know better, makes you wonder what care she igves to the children she is working with.