hi all, just thinking about poss childminding

how long on average it take to set up??

anyone do just before/after school??

Bitsy Beans
19-03-2009, 10:03 PM
hi all, just thinking about poss childminding

how long on average it take to set up??

anyone do just before/after school??

It took me a year to get set up (received my certificate this morning) BUT I had a baby half way through so that's not an accurate representation.

Signed up a mum the start of the week to have her 2 kids before and after school. She's made arrangements for most the school holiday so it's pretty much term time with a holiday retainer.

huggableshelly
19-03-2009, 10:08 PM
back in the old days (wow I feel old) it was a much faster system but now the system has changed to ensure childminders are better equiped/prepared rather than letting peeps run lose (took me 6 wks as was fast tracked). From what I've seen the average is between 4 and 8 months from start to registration now.

I'm sure someone will be in who has been through the process more recently than me

Jen4Kids
19-03-2009, 10:28 PM
I think ive been an exception as i got my cetificate today and it took 3 months from my briefing meeting to getting my cert :clapping: :clapping:

dotspot
20-03-2009, 07:09 AM
thanks girls, well going to ring and find out when next breifing meeting is on on my area, and go from there

suppose i should tell u a lil more about myself, i have 2 sons, 3 yr old and 4 mth old, i am a trained nursery nurse (BTEC NAT DIP in childhood studies) i however left nursery after 1st son, as was earning very little/nothing, after paying for childcare :(

dotspot
22-03-2009, 04:01 PM
well i m still unsure, i forgot to mention i m also doing a course from home, to hopefully become a book keeper and work from home, thats why i was thinking just doing before/after school, so i ve still got my day to study :idea:
i did at 1 point decide i d just concentrate on my course for now, and childmind if for whatever reason it did nt work out, ummmm, but not sure, i ll be totally honest we really r needing a second wage again, and thats what 1st made me look at cm :confused: