PDA

View Full Version : New odd enquiry

elainerut
19-03-2009, 12:16 PM
HI everyone,
erm well i currently have my own website and my email is linked to this for enquirys, i had my first enquiry from this yesterday.

Well several emails later arranging a meeting swapping numbers and addresses i understood she was coming to visit me, but then this morning had another email from her saying that she understood that i would be going to her house????????

I then apolygised and said that i would be able to go to her house for the meet and great and discuss childcare.............................

Only im worried now has anyone ever done this before?
Am i rite in doing this?
Please advise in case i need to change anything

huggableshelly
19-03-2009, 12:27 PM
I've never done a home visit but it may work out for the best so you can see the child in his/her own enviroment.
do you have another adult you could go with? if unsure then its always worth taking extra precautions (not trying to put you off though).

rickysmiths
19-03-2009, 12:27 PM
I have gone to a parents home to finalise paperwork and sign contracts etc. When I have met and know them. I would not go to a strangers house especilly on my own and it would take precious time for you and another to go.

A first meeting I would always want in my home otherwise they will not know what the place they are proposing to send their child to is like. They should see you at home before any choice is made.

Also I always make sure my family are at home, my dh and my 16yr and 14yr as I think it is important for them all to meet it has always been of great importance to me that a new family are taken on as a family choice because we all have to geton together. It also means I'm not on my own when frankly a stranger is coming in.