PDA

View Full Version : OFSTED POSTER - IMPORTANT

deeb66
04-02-2008, 11:02 PM
After long discussion on another thread about which poster should be displayed it would seem that Ofsted have supplied some members with the incorrect information:rolleyes:

I have looked everywhere but what we call the 'Firemans poster' no longer exists. Despite Ofsted confirming that this is the correct poster it no longer exists and has been replaced by little girls playing with a parachute.

I have even checked the link on the old forum and it sends me to the little girls poster.

Yes there are 2 posters as Ofsted have said but the other one is little children playing on the floor and is for the Voluntary register.

I have added both links so that you can see the difference.

Correct poster to display:

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/assets/Internet_Content/Shared_Content/EYD/np_070109.pdf

Voluntary Register:

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/assets/Internet_Content/Shared_Content/EYD/Files/vp_070003.pdf

So get printing everyone as the Firemans poster needs to be replaced:panic: :panic:

Dee

Trouble
04-02-2008, 11:04 PM
thank god someone who knows, i spent 45 mins on the ofsted website looking for this :laughing: :laughing:
big hugs to you deeb66:group hug:

Trouble
04-02-2008, 11:07 PM
youd of thought if ofsted wanted us to display these posters they send us the new ones in the post!!!!!!!:panic: :panic: :panic:

charleyfarley
04-02-2008, 11:07 PM
Thanks Dee

Carol xx

angeldelight
04-02-2008, 11:08 PM
Yes Carol I have just sent Dee a message to tell her haha

Thank god it was not just me haha

xxxx

Trouble
04-02-2008, 11:08 PM
no its not its the parachute girl you must be tired today:laughing:

angeldelight
04-02-2008, 11:09 PM
haha well I am still getting the fireman one

omg that is so weird haha

xxx

Trouble
04-02-2008, 11:09 PM
ive just printed it off it uses tons of ink!!!! didnt i read its supposed to have the address on?

ajs
04-02-2008, 11:10 PM
thanks dee
funnily enough i was just looking on the ofsted site for this very poster and cursing ****** ofsted for their complet inefficiency yet again

charleyfarley
04-02-2008, 11:11 PM
Yes Carol I have just sent Dee a message to tell her haha

Thank god it was not just me haha

xxxx

I just deleted mine as I thought I was going mad

Tired yes but not mad

Carol xx

Trouble
04-02-2008, 11:11 PM
which one did pauline have shes just had an inspection she should know?

angeldelight
04-02-2008, 11:12 PM
sure it was the fireman one that pauline had

but dee would not give us incorrect information

we are all just seeing different for some reason

xx

ajs
04-02-2008, 11:12 PM
ive just printed it off it uses tons of ink!!!! didnt i read its supposed to have the address on?

i;m not printing i'll call them to send me a copy my husband is very tolerant about most things but gets really angry when i print ofsted stuff that they should send us free

deeb66
04-02-2008, 11:13 PM
Angel

you have got to be joking with me....:panic:

When I click on the link I can see 3 little girls and not little boys dressed as fireman??????

angeldelight
i am serious it is the one that i have already

carol is seeing the same as myself

haha

xx

Trouble
dont blame him i go through loads of ink, and it should be free.

ajs
04-02-2008, 11:14 PM

xx

er you were going to bed 10 minutes ago

angeldelight
04-02-2008, 11:14 PM
could you email me the pdf file

angel xx

Trouble
04-02-2008, 11:15 PM
i can see 3 little girls too:laughing: :laughing:

angeldelight
yeah i know im poorly

just wanted to see this poster first

xxx

deeb66
Now I am really confused.

what the hell is going on??

When I click on the link it shows little girls....surely someone else can see what I can?????

deeb66
04-02-2008, 11:16 PM
thanks dee
funnily enough i was just looking on the ofsted site for this very poster and cursing ****** ofsted for their complet inefficiency yet again

Mandy

What can you see when you click the link?

charleyfarley
04-02-2008, 11:17 PM
I definately have firemen in top link

And 2 children playing on the floor in second link

See I'm not mad Angel can see the same as me:laughing:

Carol xx

deeb66

xx

I had up the fireman one....that is why I was so confused and spent ages checking out the Ofsted website.

I promise you I am not under the influence of alcohol - lol!!!!!

angeldelight
I think it is me and Carol that can not see girls

xxx

Twinkles
04-02-2008, 11:18 PM
I just got the 'firemen' too.

angeldelight
Thank goodness we see the same Carol haha

xx

deeb66
Angel

I will try emailing it to you and see what happens.

Check you in box in couple of minutes....let me know when you got it.

Cammie Doodle
Angel Im still getting the Firemen Poster :eek: . Have you heard how Theresa got on today?
June

Twinkles
04-02-2008, 11:19 PM
Thats a good thing ...right??

Trouble
04-02-2008, 11:20 PM
i have 3 girls too so i must be drunk to

angeldelight
04-02-2008, 11:20 PM
Yes ok Dee x

Yes June - Theresa was ok
There is a thread somewhere she did reply to it think the topic is " wonder how theresa is toda"

xx

I will check my email now x

angeldelight
04-02-2008, 11:26 PM
IT WORKED DEE

Yippe at last

Carol if you pm your email save me going through the messages for it I will send it to you

Thanks Dee

Wonder why it never worked on here though ?

Thank you

Angel xx

charleyfarley
04-02-2008, 11:27 PM
Ok Angel

I'll do it now

Carol xx

angeldelight
04-02-2008, 11:28 PM
Oh and I think Ofsted are usless fancy giving us false information like they have

Angel xx

deeb66
04-02-2008, 11:31 PM
But what I can't understand is why people are seeing different posters from the same link:( :(

I am sitting here gobbling up Cadbury's creme eggs cos i thought perhaps I had low blood sugar as I was seeing things:D .....If it wasn't for Rascal then I think I would have starting running to my nearest Specsavers to get get my glasses changed:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

As I said i am confused why we are all seeing different things???????

ajs
04-02-2008, 11:32 PM
dee i see the gilr in the red coat and two other children
in the top one

in the other one i see the little boys on the floor whcih is the voluntary register one

am i right or wrong which am i meant to see

angeldelight
04-02-2008, 11:33 PM
I have no idea Dee

Oh I have been ill all day otherwise I would sit here with you chomping on chocolate ha

It is very weird - how can you get two different pictures from the same link

I am going to ask Dex about this because I like answers ha

xxx

Trouble
04-02-2008, 11:34 PM
But what I can't understand is why people are seeing different posters from the same link:( :(

I am sitting here gobbling up Cadbury's creme eggs cos i thought perhaps I had low blood sugar as I was seeing things:D .....If it wasn't for Rascal then I think I would have starting running to my nearest Specsavers to get get my glasses changed:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

As I said i am confused why we are all seeing different things???????

:laughing: :laughing: ive had a double decker

deeb66
04-02-2008, 11:35 PM
dee i see the gilr in the red coat and two other children
in the top one

in the other one i see the little boys on the floor whcih is the voluntary register one

am i right or wrong which am i meant to see

Mandy....thank you....at least now I know I am definately not going mad????.....that is 3 of us now that can see it:)

angeldelight
04-02-2008, 11:36 PM
yes but 3 of us saw the fireman one still

so who is the maddest of them all haha

carol has the correct one now i emailed it her the same and it worked

im off to bed before i fall out the chair

this is too much for my brain to cope with at this time of the night

thanks dee

night everyone sweet dreams

love angel xx

Trouble
04-02-2008, 11:38 PM
night angel:littleangel:

deeb66
04-02-2008, 11:39 PM
I think I will go too....don't think my heart can take much more.....thought I was going round the bend:panic: :D

Goodnight everyone....sweet dreams.....think mine will be about boys in firemans outfits and girld playing with parachutes:D

We all can have another look in the morning and see what we can see.

Goodnight!!!

charleyfarley
04-02-2008, 11:48 PM
Thanks Dee

Thanks Angel

Night all, sweet dreams

Carol xx

Cammie Doodle
04-02-2008, 11:56 PM
Night All PS Im still seeing The Firemen :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

ajs
04-02-2008, 11:59 PM
and i'm not so who is doing what wrong ???????????

miffy
05-02-2008, 07:33 AM
I'm not seeing anything!!!!!!

The link will not work for me

Which b****y poster am I supposed to have?

Miffy xxx

angeldelight
05-02-2008, 07:37 AM
Right I have spoke to Dex about this

He said sometimes a link can be a multi link meaning it shows 2 links

Or it could be because we already have the file in our temp files so it is showing the one we have if you know what I mean - hard to explain here

Anyway thats helping no one

The new poster that Dee has is the new one with the GIRLS

So if you can not see that pm your email addy and I will send it to you today

Angel xx

jaz
05-02-2008, 07:39 AM
Really silly question, but why do we need to display this, as my local pre school doesnt?

crazybones
05-02-2008, 07:55 AM
Hi, I have printed and laminated poster of girls this am. So that is the one that is staying up. My brain is hurting already and its not 8 am yet.

Annie x :(

deeb66
05-02-2008, 08:13 AM
Really silly question, but why do we need to display this, as my local pre school doesnt?

Yes we do.....it is a requirement and you will be marked down if you are not displaying it.

deeb66
05-02-2008, 08:16 AM
Right I have spoke to Dex about this

He said sometimes a link can be a multi link meaning it shows 2 links

Or it could be because we already have the file in our temp files so it is showing the one we have if you know what I mean - hard to explain here

Anyway thats helping no one

The new poster that Dee has is the new one with the GIRLS

So if you can not see that pm your email addy and I will send it to you today

Angel xx

Yes Angel......I do know what you mean about already in our temp files.

At least that now makes sense....I thought I was going round the bend last night;).....according to Nigel I went round it years ago:D

ajs
05-02-2008, 08:34 AM
Yes we do.....it is a requirement and you will be marked down if you are not displaying it.

sorry dee just being argumentative here

we know we need to diplay it as it is regulation, but why, what purpose does it serve, do you think if anyone had a complaint they'd be walking round my house looking for the poster with ofsteds number or would they just look on o's website like we do.

sorry not getting at you but i am interested in why we HAVE to display it

Pipsqueak
05-02-2008, 08:34 AM
Isn't this just a tizzy!!!

When I click the first link I get the little girls!!!

I have recently downloaded the fireman one and printed (tons of ink:( ) and thats the one I shall display - I haven't got an inspection for 2.5years and I shall do ring OFSTED and get them to send me out the poster - we already do enough printing, downloading etc.:mad:

berkschick
05-02-2008, 09:13 AM
For goodness sake!

I have only been registered for 6 weeks and was posted the fireman poster now 6 weeks later it is invalid yet OFSTED havent told us!!

Nightmare :angry:

berkschick
05-02-2008, 09:14 AM
I see the fireman poster too when I click the link!

jaz
05-02-2008, 10:30 AM
OK earlier I had the poster of the girls, now the one of the firemen is popping up :mad:

sandy
05-02-2008, 10:53 AM
Hi

I got my inspection report through the post last week and in with it was the GIRLS PARACHUTE poster in nice thick card.

As long as the phone number is correct, does it matter to ofsted what the picture is ??:p :p :p

Lincsminder
05-02-2008, 12:14 PM
I received a new registration certificate today and was also sent the fireman poster in with it, so thats the one I will display.

deeb66
05-02-2008, 01:56 PM
Sarah has sent me a PM to say that she has contacted Ofsted again and they are still saying the firemans poster.

To be honest I am not willing to trust the Ofsted helpline as they have often messed things up in the past so.....

I did some further investigating. I looked and compared both posters to see if they were different and guess what....they are absolutely identical exect for the bit on the bottom which has the red background about contacting Children's Information Service.

On the Firemans poster it states that the number is 0800 0 96 02 96
On girls with parachutes it states that the number is 0800 2346346.

I have rung both numbers and guess what I have found..............the number on the girls poster is answered by CIS but the number on the boys poster no longer exists.

Me thinks Ofsted helpline got it wrong again and the correct poster is the one with the girls playing:D

berkschick
05-02-2008, 01:58 PM
Im going to laminate every single one of OFSTED posters and give up a whole wall in the hallway for them :D

angeldelight
05-02-2008, 02:02 PM
Then you can not be wrong good thinking Debbie haha

xx

deeb66
05-02-2008, 02:03 PM
Im going to laminate every single one of OFSTED posters and give up a whole wall in the hallway for them :D

Do you know what Debbie that doesn't sound like a bad idea :D

angeldelight
05-02-2008, 02:11 PM
After reading that you checked out the numbers Dee I trust your judgment 100% and will def be displaying the new poster

Like you say Ofsted know nothing haha

Angel xx

Rubybubbles
05-02-2008, 02:33 PM
well I can't open the link :laughing: , oh dear

Pauline
05-02-2008, 02:43 PM
Well it was the fireman one on my wall when the inspector came the other week, she had a good look at it and didn't say anything! So for now it stays! :)

The number is the same that's all that matters in my opinion. ;)

cherry
05-02-2008, 02:58 PM
After seeing this post it made me panic as I have an inspection next week, so I rang Ofsted and they are putting the posters (free of charge) in the post for me today.

The girl in publications said it has replaced the fireman but she doesn't know why!

My hall wall will be covered in just Ofsted posters, where shall I put the childrens work :angry:

Cherry

sarah707
05-02-2008, 03:01 PM
My hall wall will be covered in just Ofsted posters, where shall I put the childrens work :angry: Cherry

Hand washing display in the toilet... hand prints and Chinese themes in the living room... a few nice multicultural artifacts in the porch... some posters and nutritional info in the kitchen...

Well you did ask! :ROFL1:

jaz
05-02-2008, 04:34 PM
OK when I spoke to Ofsted, they gave me a number for their free publications. They told me that the only one they had was the fireman one, and not the one with the girls on it and that I should ring Ofstaed (again) - so thats as clear as mud then ;)

Cheeky Chops
05-02-2008, 04:51 PM
hey anyone got the number for the free ofsted publications?! I still have the fireman one up..... thats the one they sent me when i registered, so im confuzzled!! hehe, why do they do this??!! Im not printing it out as they may change it !!! hehe anyone got any other "ofsted posters" up that I can order too??!

thanks! x

jaz
05-02-2008, 04:57 PM
Ok here is the latest! Just got off the phone with a lovely ladyfrom Ofsted, who was as confused as the rest of us. To cut a 15 minute phone call short, their website playing up today, she is going to attempt to print off the correct picture for me, and the free publications (07002 637833) only has the fireman poster in stock.

Hope this helps to clear up everything.
M

cherry
05-02-2008, 04:58 PM
The number I rang was 08456 404045 and asked for the publications dept. make sure you have your Ofsted number when you call them.

Hope this helps

Cherry :)

Cheeky Chops
05-02-2008, 05:00 PM
thats great thanks!! I shall try then in a few days to see if I can get hold of the right poster and any others that might take my fancy, as my walls are looking a bit bare and some nice ofsted posters would brighten them up lovely jubbly!:eek:

deeb66
05-02-2008, 05:26 PM
As I said before both posters are absolutely identical except for picture and CIS number on the bottom.

To be honest I really don't think it matters what poster you have just as long as you have one of them with the Ofsted number on it - and it is thecorrect Ofsted number!

I wouldn't have thought that an inspector would care whether the picture was of girls or boys playing.

I really wouldn't worry about it at the moment....:D :D

Monkey1
06-02-2008, 06:41 AM
Thank you Dee! I'm getting the same as Angel though!

angeldelight
06-02-2008, 07:48 AM
Like Dee says it does not matter which poster you have up from what we can see

But if anyone wants the new one then pm your email addy and I will send it to you

Angel xx

buildingblocks
06-02-2008, 07:29 PM
I have only been registered for 6 weeks and was posted the fireman poster now 6 weeks later it is invalid yet OFSTED havent told us!!Nightmare :angry:

I wouldn't worry. I rang Ofsted the day of the original post about this and asked to be sent the latest poster - not the fireman one. No problem I was told - and was sent he Fireman poster :angry: :censored: :angry:

deeb66
06-02-2008, 07:34 PM
I wouldn't worry. I rang Ofsted the day of the original post about this and asked to be sent the latest poster - not the fireman one. No problem I was told - and was sent he Fireman poster :angry: :censored: :angry:

That doesn't surprise me at all :D

is it any wonder we are confused:rolleyes:

As I said a copy of posts ago....I really don't think it matters which one we have.....lets be honest they can't even work out what one we should have.....so they couldn't possibly mark us down for it :laughing:

avril
07-02-2008, 09:55 PM
Got my new registration cert last wk with fireman poster had ofsted inspection this wk nothing said!!!!! :laughing:

Avril

deeb66
07-02-2008, 09:57 PM
It doesn't make sense.....especially as the CIS telephone number on the bottom no longer exists

berkschick
07-02-2008, 09:59 PM
I got my new reg cert this morning with my variation on it and with it came the fireman poster!!!!!!!

miffy
07-02-2008, 09:59 PM
Got my new registration cert last wk with fireman poster had ofsted inspection this wk nothing said!!!!! :laughing:

Avril

So it's as clear as mud then!

Think pauline's got the right idea as long as you have a poster up with ofsted's number on it you should be ok

Miffy xx

deeb66
07-02-2008, 10:00 PM
So it's as clear as mud then!

Think pauline's got the right idea as long as you have a poster up with ofsted's number on it you should be ok

Miffy xx

Exactly!!!

Cammie Doodle
10-02-2008, 01:49 PM
Have not read all the way through this so hopefully Im not repeating anything,but I have been informed it is the GLODEN NUMBERS 08456 404040 that is the important thing and not the Picture. We have given our parents a copy of the number and address with our Policies in our Parent Packs .;)

Tily Bud
10-02-2008, 02:28 PM
Angel

you have got to be joking with me....:panic:

When I click on the link I can see 3 little girls and not little boys dressed as fireman??????

Me too xx :eek: :eek:

deeb66
10-02-2008, 02:34 PM
I think we have come to the conclusion that as long as it has the right Ofsted number on it then it doesn't really matter which poster you have.

I don't even think the inspectors know which one is current as long as you have one up

angeldelight
10-02-2008, 02:36 PM
Yes Dee you started this thread you stay here now and leave me to be sexy haha

xxx

littlesprogs
10-02-2008, 02:36 PM
i got one sent from ofsted a week ago and it was the fireman one.

deeb66
10-02-2008, 02:37 PM
i got one sent from ofsted a week ago and it was the fireman one.

Yet some other people have recieved the one with the little girls on it......hence the reason we are all confused :rolleyes:

deeb66
10-02-2008, 02:38 PM
Yes Dee you started this thread you stay here now and leave me to be sexy haha

xxx

You stay here Angel.....I will go off somewhere else ;) :D

jaz
11-02-2008, 01:15 PM
It is the girl one that we need to display, saw my support worker and she has confirmed this. Ofsted sent me 2 copies, one of which has been laminated and now on the wall!

Bella
11-02-2008, 09:56 PM
The parachute poster is the new one . the poster was updated because the cis number on the bottom of the poster has changed

childminder54
12-02-2008, 03:55 PM
SHOULD EVERY CHILDMINDER HAVE TO HAVE ON THE WALL WHEN DID WE HAVE THIS MY INSPECTION IS IN SEPTEMBER I WILL HAVE TO GET ONE.

THANKS VERONICAXXX:littleangel: :littleangel:

childminder54
12-02-2008, 04:01 PM
SHOULD EVERY CHILDMINDER HAVE TO HAVE ON THE WALL WHEN DID WE HAVE THIS MY INSPECTION IS IN SEPTEMBER I WILL HAVE TO GET ONE.

THANKS VERONICAXXX:littleangel: :littleangel:

Pipsqueak
12-02-2008, 04:02 PM
Yes, all settings should dispaly the parents poster veronica

xx

son77
14-02-2008, 02:26 PM
I phoned ofsted last week as asked for new poster, well they've sent me the fireman one!!

I had to print the correct one after all. xx

deeb66
14-02-2008, 02:29 PM
I phoned ofsted last week as asked for new poster, well they've sent me the fireman one!!

I had to print the correct one after all. xx

That really doesn't surprise me.

Sometimes they worry me.......it is obvious that they haven't got a clue :rolleyes:

miffy
14-02-2008, 04:04 PM
I have emailed Ofsted for the new poster and am waiting to see what comes :)

I will let you know!

Miffy xx

hello kitty
15-02-2008, 08:07 PM
Hi, received my variation and with it came the poster with the little girls on it - typical - I had just printed one off from the website the night before. I hope it is the correct one as I have got 2 copies of it now.

Sarah ;)

deeb66
16-02-2008, 12:18 PM
Hi, received my variation and with it came the poster with the little girls on it - typical - I had just printed one off from the website the night before. I hope it is the correct one as I have got 2 copies of it now.

Sarah ;)

Yes this is definately the correct one

miffy
16-02-2008, 12:31 PM
Well I emailed for a new poster and it came today and guess what

it was the boy firefighters and they sent me two copies!!!!! Using up old stock no doubt

Glad we can rely on Ofsted

Miffy xx

deeb66
16-02-2008, 12:36 PM
Well I emailed for a new poster and it came today and guess what

it was the boy firefighters and they sent me two copies!!!!! Using up old stock no doubt

Glad we can rely on Ofsted

Miffy xx

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Good to see they are being consistent then :rolleyes:

miffy
16-02-2008, 12:41 PM
I know it's funny and I'm not a bit surprised but it makes me soooo mad when Ofsted expect us to jump through hoops and they nit pick at the slightest things and then they can't even get this right :angry:

Moan over sorry

Miffy xx

deeb66
16-02-2008, 12:46 PM
You moan away Miffy

I feel exactly the same.

What annoyed me was that even though the poster was showing on the website Ofsted were still telling Sarah and a few other members that it was still the boys dressed up in firemans outfit when it quite plainly wasn't and ended causing no end of confusion:rolleyes:

They have a classic case of left hand don't know what right hand is doing and it annoys me too :angry:

gailee
18-02-2008, 08:13 AM
well i've did have the boy dressed like a fireman but i had one posted to me last week of the little girl so that's on the wall on top of the old one !!! covering my bases :laughing:

miffy
18-02-2008, 08:26 AM
Well I'm going to email them again today and ask them to send me the new poster

have a feeling I may need to borrow your brick wall soon Dee

Miffy xx

deeb66
18-02-2008, 03:00 PM
Well I'm going to email them again today and ask them to send me the new poster

have a feeling I may need to borrow your brick wall soon Dee

Miffy xx

You are more than welcome Miffy

Will warn you though it has a huge dent in it where I keep banging my head against it :D :D

miffy
18-02-2008, 04:06 PM
I have had a very apologetic email from ofsted - they are trying to sort out the problem and when they have they will send me the correct poster

I won't hold my breath :laughing:

Miffy xx

angeldelight
18-02-2008, 04:42 PM
Put both posters back to back in a plastic wallet

So then you always have the correct one on display ha

Just turn them round now and again haha

Angel xx

miffy
18-02-2008, 04:46 PM
Put both posters back to back in a plastic wallet

So then you always have the correct one on display ha

Just turn them round now and again haha

Angel xx

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Then you could just ask the inspector which one they'd like to see!

Miffy xx

angeldelight
18-02-2008, 04:49 PM
Yes ha

xxx

miffy
25-02-2008, 07:30 AM
The saga continues

This time ofsted have sent me the poster for the voluntary register!

Perhapd it will be third time lucky for me

I'm building up a nice selection anyway :laughing:

Miffy xx

angeldelight
25-02-2008, 07:32 AM
Hahaha that is so funny

They are really hopless

Angel xx

Heaven Scent
25-02-2008, 10:02 AM
Help, I'm having panic attacks here I've got my1st inspection any day now and I'm drowning in paperwork. I've printed off the one with the girls and its in a pile of other things for laminating.

Celine:( :( :(

Chimps Childminding
25-02-2008, 11:35 AM
I've laminated both posters back to back but you can bet that when ofsted come it will be the wrong one showing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:censored:

Banana
25-02-2008, 11:37 AM
My variation certificate has just come through and the poster has 3 little girls on it.

xxx

Pipsqueak
25-02-2008, 01:10 PM
Ar*es and elbows springs to mind when it comes to OFSTED. I really don't think that they would be able to find their way out of a wet paper bag..bless em...:rolleyes:

Teresa
26-02-2008, 04:10 PM
i Got my cert injanuary and i got the fireman one with that so thats the one i have up, if they want me to put a different one up then they can send me one ... i am not wasteing my ink on printing one out

Teresa
26-02-2008, 04:11 PM
i got my cert in january and i got the fireman one with that so thats the one i have up, if they want me to put a different one up then they can send me one ... i am not wasteing my ink on printing one out

miffy
26-02-2008, 07:03 PM
i got my cert in january and i got the fireman one with that so thats the one i have up, if they want me to put a different one up then they can send me one ... i am not wasteing my ink on printing one out

The latest one applies from 8/2/08 and I feel the same way about ink that's why i've been emailing to try and get one

Third time lucky? - have to wait and see

Miffy xx

deeb66
26-02-2008, 07:06 PM
The latest one applies from 8/2/08 and I feel the same way about ink that's why i've been emailing to try and get one

Third time lucky? - have to wait and see

Miffy xx

Don't hold you breathe though will you :laughing:

deeb66
26-02-2008, 07:09 PM

They will not automatically send you out one unless you request it.

It is your responsibility to ensure that your posters and information is up to date.

Half the time they don't even tell us something has changed.....we only usually find out by stumbling over something or if someone tells us on here!

They obviously forgot to tell you that one of their requirements for you to be a childminder is that you have to be Psychic :D :D

miffy
26-02-2008, 09:11 PM
Don't hold you breathe though will you :laughing:

No that could be dangerous

May still need your brick wall!!!!!!

Miffy xx

Rach30
26-02-2008, 10:20 PM
Do you know what .... i'm keeping the ****** firemen up cos if i didn't come on here then i wouldn't know it was wrong ! :p ofsted sent me the firemen 4 wks ago so its stopping up . Everything is the same except for the picture.

wendywu
26-02-2008, 11:23 PM
Ive got 3 different ones at the moment, when i am inspected i shall put them all up, the do eny meny miny mo!:laughing:

miffy
27-02-2008, 06:56 AM
As far as I'm concerned as long as you have a poster displayed that gives the correct phone number for ofsted it shouldn't really matter what picture it has on it

Anyone know why they keep changing it anyway?

Miffy xx

deeb66
27-02-2008, 10:11 AM
As far as I'm concerned as long as you have a poster displayed that gives the correct phone number for ofsted it shouldn't really matter what picture it has on it

Anyone know why they keep changing it anyway?

Miffy xx

It has been changed this time because the CIS number on the bottom has changed which does in fact make the poster out of date and invalid!

It is obviously up to you all what poster you want to display...... but i would recommend getting hold of the correct one because we all now how picky Ofsted can be!!

miffy
27-02-2008, 10:32 AM
It has been changed this time because the CIS number on the bottom has changed which does in fact make the poster out of date and invalid!

It is obviously up to you all what poster you want to display...... but i would recommend getting hold of the correct one because we all now how picky Ofsted can be!!

Ofsted picky??????!!!!!!!!???????

Ah thank you Dee for your words of wisdom. I had forgotten that.
Now you know how hard I've been trying to get this poster :laughing: O f course i could just print it off but I don't want to waste my ink and it's almost a challenge now to get one

Miffy xx

sarah707
27-02-2008, 10:40 AM
I've been waiting 2 weeks now! :D

deeb66
27-02-2008, 02:14 PM
Ofsted picky??????!!!!!!!!???????

Ah thank you Dee for your words of wisdom. I had forgotten that.
Now you know how hard I've been trying to get this poster :laughing: O f course i could just print it off but I don't want to waste my ink and it's almost a challenge now to get one

Miffy xx

Well don't forget I still have that brick wall if you want to borrow it :D

angeldelight
03-03-2008, 10:13 AM
The Bromley website are saying that you should display the poster that Dee told us to have up

It is also now on the Ofsted website if you take a look

I can not get the ofsted link to work but if you go to Bromley and scroll down the page you can get to the correct link to Ofsted from there

http://www.bromleycma.org.uk/news/news

Angel xxx

miffy
03-03-2008, 10:17 AM
After sending a really short but pointed e-mail to ofsted i have finally got TWO copies of the new poster!!!!!!!!! :clapping: :clapping:

I have also seen the message on the Bromley site but unless Ofsted get their act together a bit quicker and stop sending out the wrong posters or you want to print it off yourself there is not much point in all the publicity iyswim

Miffy xx

angeldelight
03-03-2008, 10:19 AM
The new poster is on the Ofsted website now

I agree Miffy they are hopless - hope you are ok ?

Angel xx

sarah707
03-03-2008, 11:07 AM
I requested mine by email about 3 weeks ago now... I think I might ask again! :rolleyes:

allinatiz
03-03-2008, 01:40 PM
I emailed to ask for a poster and it came in 3 days. Not only that but it was the right one!! :eeeek:

buildingblocks
03-03-2008, 11:02 PM
As far as I'm concerned as long as you have a poster displayed that gives the correct phone number for ofsted it shouldn't really matter what picture it has on it Anyone know why they keep changing it anyway Miffy xx

Because they are a bunch of T:censored: S with nothing better to do with there time then wind up hard working childminders

2045amanda
07-03-2008, 05:39 PM
I had my Ofsted inspection on wednesday and told the inspector there was a big debate on the poster. I have both the fireman one and the parachute one up and asked her which was the correct one - she didn't know and suggested I kept both up!!

Amanda

deeb66
07-03-2008, 05:42 PM
I had my Ofsted inspection on wednesday and told the inspector there was a big debate on the poster. I have both the fireman one and the parachute one up and asked her which was the correct one - she didn't know and suggested I kept both up!!

Amanda

It just goes to show that they haven't got a clue.

I can tell you 100% that the correct poster is the one with the girls playing as the old one with boys as firemen has the old/incorrect CIS number.

You should now be displaying the one with the girls playing with what looks like a parachute!

2045amanda
07-03-2008, 05:59 PM
Thanks very much, I'll take the other one down now I know.

Really appreciate you letting me know.

Thanks again

Amanda

Trouble
07-03-2008, 06:18 PM
i was granted my varience and when the new certificate came they sent the new poster out with it so its definately this one

peggy
07-03-2008, 07:36 PM
It just goes to show that they haven't got a clue.

I can tell you 100% that the correct poster is the one with the girls playing as the old one with boys as firemen has the old/incorrect CIS number.

You should now be displaying the one with the girls playing with what looks like a parachute!

thank goodness! i didnt even know i HAD to display a bloomin poster!!!!!

miffy
07-03-2008, 08:30 PM
thank goodness! i didnt even know i HAD to display a bloomin poster!!!!!

Oh peggy that made me laugh - well you know now and what's more we know which one!!!!!!

Miffy xx

wendywu
07-03-2008, 11:22 PM
Went to a new childminding group in Horley Surrey today and the person running it was saying there is a new Ofsted poster and i will have to write a piece in the Surrey Minder about it. OH i know i have already downloaded that one and its up on my wall was my slightly smug reply:blush:

So thank you all on here for the info and making me look like a minder with my finger on the pulse:laughing:

nell57
08-03-2008, 06:43 AM
So thank you all on here for the info and making me look like a minder with my finger on the pulse:laughing:[/QUOTE]

Could'nt agree more, I've mentioned it to a couple of childminding friends in my local area and they've all said they did'nt know they needed a poster.

so again thanks, we would be so lost without you all:thumbsup:

Helen

deeb66
08-03-2008, 10:22 AM
Went to a new childminding group in Horley Surrey today and the person running it was saying there is a new Ofsted poster and i will have to write a piece in the Surrey Minder about it. OH i know i have already downloaded that one and its up on my wall was my slightly smug reply:blush:

So thank you all on here for the info and making me look like a minder with my finger on the pulse:laughing:

Glad to see that the message is getting filtered through Surrey.

The Early Years Team have been trying to send this information out through contacts that they have i.e. Support Minders, group leaders and any other contacts.

We have put a bit on the SCCMA website with the link to the new poster and we will also put a note in the next Surrey Minder so hopefully everyone within the Surrey area will be displaying the correct poster :thumbsup:

miffy
08-03-2008, 01:22 PM
Let's hope they don't bring out another one for a very long time!!!!

Miffy xx