PDA

View Full Version : WHAT ARE YOU ALL MAKING FOR MOTHERS DAY WITH THE KIDS

angeldelight
19-03-2009, 07:24 AM
So .............................

What are you all making for mothers day ?

Angel xx

charleyfarley
19-03-2009, 07:31 AM
So far we have painted pots, just need to plant the bulb in it today, messy fun outside.

We made glitter flower cards.

I've taken a photo of lo and put it in a lovely bargain frame from Boots (£ 1.67). The children finger pained the wrapping paper for this.

We did the poem pictures but did handprints rather than a drawing.

We need to do the paper flowers today as still haven't done those.

I have cheated and bought moms a box of chocs rather than make them this time.

I think that is it

What have you done Angel?

Carol xx

singlewiththree
19-03-2009, 07:39 AM
Mine are little so doing then handprint flower card. My older mindee wants to do it too and I've also got her a snowstorm that you put a photo in for 99p.

Found out last night the older mindee not coming tonight so she can't do hers and possibly wont have mindee today so only the Fri mindee to do it and its his first day so not sure how we will get on.

angeldelight
19-03-2009, 07:39 AM
We have some picture frames from baker ross and have decorated them and put a pic inside

We have made tulips out of handprints

We have made the box of love with attached poem

We are making peppermint creams tomorrow

Angel xx

haribo
19-03-2009, 07:53 AM
im not sure what to do. i usually love doing mothers day stuff but this year one of my ittle mindees has lost her mum. theyre a bit young yet to understand mothers day so at the most we may do something general like paint some pots to take home and make some flowers. any ideas for me would be appreciated.

angeldelight
19-03-2009, 07:55 AM
im not sure what to do. i usually love doing mothers day stuff but this year one of my ittle mindees has lost her mum. theyre a bit young yet to understand mothers day so at the most we may do something general like paint some pots to take home and make some flowers. any ideas for me would be appreciated.

What about the box of love?What about something for dad ? or something for someone special

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=200

Angel xx

miss mopple
19-03-2009, 07:56 AM
We made cards yesterday ( just let them loose with the collage stuff- the results were, errr, interesting :laughing: )

Have done canvas hand and footprint flowers with the babies

Toddlers are doing boxes of love

Tried to get older ones to make something but they are refusing to, insisting that dad has bought something so theres no need to bother :(

Roseolivia
19-03-2009, 07:57 AM
We're making heart shaped baskets with chocolates in and a card. The weather has been so nice this week so we've been outside a lot so haven't had a lot of time

emler
19-03-2009, 07:59 AM
We have decorated photo frames too & added the kids pictures.
We also did the poems with pictures drawn on.
Made Mothers Day Cards
My 9 year old mindee also wrote a song for her mum. She wrote it out on fancy paper & we laminated it.
I'm all done with Mothers Day now :laughing:

amirose
19-03-2009, 09:09 AM
My five year old mindee has choosen what she would like to do herself (she likes to feel shes in charge :laughing: )
So far her mum has, a picture she painted of the sky grass clouds and ... a pair of glasses :eek: , some handprints that she decided to make after COVERING herself in paint, a beautiful sponge printed card (it has a flower and the words I love my mum on the front) and a beaded necklace she made herself.
My 11 year old mindee (who's a boy) wasn't interested and I have tried very hard to get my 9 year old mindee (who's a girl) to make something but she always say later so don't think she wants to (and tomorrow is the last day before the weekend :panic: )

amirose
19-03-2009, 09:11 AM
Tried to get older ones to make something but they are refusing to, insisting that dad has bought something so theres no need to bother :(

Same here - I have tried explaining that mum probably would love a card you made yourself too but to no avail :(

amirose
19-03-2009, 09:13 AM

My mindee has lost her dad, on fathers day we are going to make a card and tie it to a helium balloon and let it go - sending it up to the sky for daddy

charleyfarley
19-03-2009, 09:21 AM
My mindee has lost her dad, on fathers day we are going to make a card and tie it to a helium balloon and let it go - sending it up to the sky for daddy

What a lovely thing to do

Carol xx

huggableshelly
19-03-2009, 09:23 AM
we did playdoh hearts painted and glittered then used ribbon to link them together.

Planted some seeds into compost pots so once they are strong enough parents can put them out in their garden.

I'm not doing cards this year as all mindees are in school/nursery and have done them through school

Amaranth
19-03-2009, 09:47 AM
My older ones are doing acrostic poems tonight after school. The little ones have made cards.
All the ideas I have had for mother's day, seem to have been done by the kids already, either at playgroup or school!!

LOOPYLISA
19-03-2009, 09:55 AM

Thats a lovely thought :thumbsup:

loocyloo
19-03-2009, 10:01 AM
i had lots of ideas ... but all the afterschoolers have wanted to do is run around the garden, and in fact, so have the little ones! no one has been very interested in anything creative!

BUT, we have decorated little hearts to go inside some heart keyrings from baker ross, and a couple of my big girls made heart bead dangle things to go on keyrings/mobiles/??? my little ones have made cards with assortment of flowery collage stuff, out in the garden! ( got quite alot of real grass on them too! )

xxx

ps ...whats a box of love?

Jules27
19-03-2009, 10:57 AM
Have found mothers day difficult as first one with out my mum this year and my nan died last week so not doing very much. Will be making cards either this afternoon or tomorrow, thought i'd get paints out so they can do hand and footprints, simple I know, but still fun!!!:)

tinkerbelle
19-03-2009, 10:57 AM

what about a hand poem and laminating it dad then has choice to put it on mums grave

Mollymop
19-03-2009, 11:18 AM
We are making a flower in a vase - toilet roll holder wrapped in green paper and decorated with lots of stick-ons and a ribbon for the vase and card flower with the centre made from yellow felt. Petals decorated with lots of different coloured paper/felt/holigrafic paper/crepe paper. Flower attached to lolly stick and stuck in the "vase". The older children are going to write why they love their mum on the petals.
Trying to get them all completed today.
1 down 3 more to go!

sarah32
19-03-2009, 11:21 AM
We've done the painted pots with daisies in them.

Canvas print at tots group on tuesday using the childrens hand we painted flowers.

And today we made cards at childminding group with cut out petels.

Thats me done.:)

I hope my parents show appreciation for them, I would love them myself

haribo
19-03-2009, 01:28 PM
well we have done some lovely handprint pictures , probably add a poem. thanks for the suggestions,dont mean to hijack the thread. Ami, thats a brilliant idea, will mention that to dad tonight i think mindees brother who is 5 will love to do that . x

Bananabrain
19-03-2009, 01:43 PM
8,9,and ten yr old boy mindees weren't interested.They even said they couldn't be bothered!!!.

Got the laminator out and did an example of what they could do and they pricked up their ears and produced some lovely stuff which I think they were really pleased with.They even came up with the idea of making laminated 'credit cards' for their mums to keep in their purses.

Thanks to all on here who gave me the idea of getting a laminator!

I love it, and wonder what I did without it!

This forum is fab,thanks to lovely ladies who run it.

HelenJC
19-03-2009, 07:45 PM
I have put all the photos I have taken of my mindees (sisters) and put them on a dvd along with music - Leona Lewis - The first time ever I saw your face.

I didn't realise how many I had. I normally print off the odd one to put in the children's books or to give to mum and dad but all the others were still on my camera(s). When I put them all together (even the ones I would probably have deleted) it made me realise that it was a perfect gift of love. All the times I have been lucky to have the children and do things with them that mum has missed out on are there for her to see.

I know many of us moan about having to do the EYFS but when you actually think about it what we are really doing is just making memories and I feel honoured to be able to give this back to the families for ever.

I shed a tear as I watched and listened - I think mum will as well.

Helen

Lady Haha
19-03-2009, 08:03 PM
My lot are all school age kids and we made heart shaped keyrings today afte school. I got a load of stuff off Yellow Moon about a month or so back. They drew pictures and wrote a special message on the paper for inside and then put it all together. Even the boys enjoyed that one!!!

Chanelle
19-03-2009, 08:57 PM
So many great ideas !!! I think we should have a thread with everyones Cards, Presents and activities on !! I want to see them all !!!! :D

Pudding Girl
19-03-2009, 09:38 PM
I bought a set of 3 pretty yellow metal buckets in Asda for £3, a block of oasis £1 in Asda, some bright green straws and tissue paper - we are making flowers to stick in the oasis which'll be in the buckets :)

sue
19-03-2009, 10:08 PM
we made flower cards, they ended up being top heavy but my little one really enjoyed making it and spent almost am hour on it :clapping: and then they decided to make flowers out of loo rolls fun fun fun had by every one, just got 8 month old to do a hand print onto a card and laminated it for a keep sake think the mums will like them.

rickysmiths
19-03-2009, 10:49 PM
We have made teapot cards with a tea bag attached. Tomorrow we are making biscuits.

We are making ours for Mothering Sunday though.

Sorry a pet grip of mine, we do not celebrete 'Mothers day' in this country it is Mothering Sunday.

angeldelight
19-03-2009, 11:25 PM
We have made teapot cards with a tea bag attached. Tomorrow we are making biscuits.

We are making ours for Mothering Sunday though.

Sorry a pet grip of mine, we do not celebrete 'Mothers day' in this country it is Mothering Sunday.

Does it matter ? They both mean the same ricky

My children call it "moms day" to be honest I dont care what they call it - I will just be happy to see them all

I think that is what is important here - not a few words of what the day SHOULD be called - but how we all show our love for someone that we care about

Angel xx