PDA

View Full Version : Help me spend my money!!!!

Stanfield
18-03-2009, 09:46 PM
Hello,

I have just been to a meeting about the capital grant for my area. I have basically got unlimited funds! Well, I say unlimited, its 6,000pounds per project which has to be justified so I dont think as a childminder I could justify all that per project, so it feels unlimited to me...

I have 2 projects (although I could put more in, I feel two is enough to justify for a childminder), they are,

My Outdoor Area - I am basing this on the concept of "Forest Schools" SO i AM LOOKING FOR natural, back to basics things ... so far I have on my list

a wooden playset climbing frame
a wooden playhouse for roleplay
a wooden playhouse to use as a sensory room
a sensory garden
a music area
natural play things such as tractor tyres, wooden stepping stools, bamboo pipes for water channeling etc
a handcarved set of mushroom wooden table and chairs

including fencing off and seeding part of our field at the back of the house

These are the areas I want to develop, but does anyone have specific ideas on great items, especially for the sensory room and some large outdoor music equipment.

The 2nd project is headed under ICT

This is where I am a little stuck...I would like

a laptop for buisness use
a laptop designed for children
a childrens digi camera
?????
Anything else? I thought maybe a beebot with accessories, but I have never really liked these!!!!
Help me with some ideas (and where to buy them, websites etc)

I would love to hear your ideas, I will mostly be looking after under4s with occasional school children so I need aged related items.

Thanks for your help.

Pedagog
18-03-2009, 10:03 PM
Oh I had a great catalogue of forest school type products, pond dipping kits etc, I'll dig it out and tell you the name

Pedagog
19-03-2009, 07:54 AM
Okay, found one of the two Catalogues.

Reflections on Learning ( Here (http://www.reflectionsonlearning.co.uk/) )

How about some fruit trees, always fun for children to grow their own.

Roseolivia
19-03-2009, 07:59 AM
Hello,

I have just been to a meeting about the capital grant for my area. I have basically got unlimited funds! Well, I say unlimited, its 6,000pounds per project which has to be justified so I dont think as a childminder I could justify all that per project, so it feels unlimited to me...

I have 2 projects (although I could put more in, I feel two is enough to justify for a childminder), they are,

My Outdoor Area - I am basing this on the concept of "Forest Schools" SO i AM LOOKING FOR natural, back to basics things ... so far I have on my list

a wooden playset climbing frame
a wooden playhouse for roleplay
a wooden playhouse to use as a sensory room
a sensory garden
a music area
natural play things such as tractor tyres, wooden stepping stools, bamboo pipes for water channeling etc
a handcarved set of mushroom wooden table and chairs

including fencing off and seeding part of our field at the back of the house

These are the areas I want to develop, but does anyone have specific ideas on great items, especially for the sensory room and some large outdoor music equipment.

The 2nd project is headed under ICT

This is where I am a little stuck...I would like

a laptop for buisness use
a laptop designed for children
a childrens digi camera
?????
Anything else? I thought maybe a beebot with accessories, but I have never really liked these!!!!
Help me with some ideas (and where to buy them, websites etc)

I would love to hear your ideas, I will mostly be looking after under4s with occasional school children so I need aged related items.

Thanks for your help.

What about an interactive whiteboard.

nell57
19-03-2009, 08:01 AM
For your IT what about a printer and a camcorder.

In this area we have been given catalogues with toys and IT equipment, that we can only order from, so this makes it a little easier.

Good luck with your application:thumbsup:

Pedagog
19-03-2009, 08:04 AM
Oh how about a Bee-Bot (http://www.reflectionsonlearning.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=371&products_id=9160)

or CCTV bird box (http://www.tts-group.co.uk/Product.aspx?cref=TTSPR1094983&rid=222&cid=7)

Stanfield
19-03-2009, 08:22 AM
Had thought of a white board but we dont have a playroom, I use our sitting room & want it to stay looking like one!!! Thats why I want to develop the outdoor area so much...

Also I have a camera, camrecorder and printer. But I was thinking of adding a voice recorder and a small wireless photo printer-easier than attaching a large one to laptop with leads...

Thanks for catalogue pages, will look now, and yes I'm going to plant a little "wood" of fruit trees.

Polly2
19-03-2009, 08:26 AM
Have a look at this www.mesdirect.com

They have some great outdoor musical instruments!

I love your ideas...how fab to have all that grant money :thumbsup: