PDA

View Full Version : Nursery provision

louloudi
18-03-2009, 08:51 PM
Thought I'd have a bit of a gripe...

Noticed another post had mentioned that we are to provide a choice of food under EYFS or ECM is this correct? When picking a mindee up from nursery today (outstanding OFsted) I noticed that they all have a set menu for the day and no choice?? If they can have set menus then surely we can??

Also I noticed that my mindee who is currently toilet training went to use the toilet before he left with me... to my destain the nursery staff in the toilets didn't ensure the child had washed his hands (something I am big on)!!!! As soon as we left I got the magic soap out.:D

Why do I bother instilling a good hygiene routine when others don't bother!!! To me its basic stuff

Sorry rant over

huggableshelly
18-03-2009, 09:26 PM
I would let mum know what you saw and let her decide how to handle it.

yay magic soap is awsome.

merry
18-03-2009, 09:26 PM
Noticed another post had mentioned that we are to provide a choice of food under EYFS or ECM is this correct?

I hope not, only choice here is eat it or leave it :laughing:

:)

rickysmiths
19-03-2009, 01:01 AM
I think you may be confusing meals with snacks. The 'new' thing is to have rolling snacks (I think thats the right term but just come back from a meal out for the mums and my brain is tired!) What are these?

It means, it is more suited to a nursery setting, that instead of stopping all the children at a set time together for their snacks and all having the same. You have a choice, so not just apple and banana but a greater selection plus some veg etc etc. Also that the children would stop their activities at different times and have their snacks in smaller groups thus being less disruptive to the nusery am or pm.

I went on a course last autumn and this concept was described then. It sounds really good for larger settings. I do know its not happening in my los preschool.!!!!

I wouldn't use it because even though on several days I have four of them our snack times are a movable feast anyway. I know I offer over the week a wide range of snacks.

We had Dragon Fruit the other day, none of the children had ever seen one before, I asked them to guess what it was called (it is the size of a small pineapple not disimilar in shape and it is deep pinky red with green scally bits on it!) and my 4yr after schoolie said 'Dragon Fruit' because it looks like fire!

Anyway I don't know of any regulations that force us to offer a choice for breakfast, lunch or dinner if we don't want to. I don't unless a child really didn't like what I had offered and at the moment all mine happlily eat whatever is put infront of them.

louloudi
19-03-2009, 01:44 PM
Anyway I don't know of any regulations that force us to offer a choice for breakfast, lunch or dinner if we don't want to. I don't unless a child really didn't like what I had offered and at the moment all mine happlily eat whatever is put infront of them.

Thats great as this is what I do :)