PDA

View Full Version : partner providers - more information

Blackhorse
18-03-2009, 08:43 PM
hi,

I found out that you can register to become a partner provider (you can provide the same free pre-school places as nurseries do)
I know that there is an additional registration with HMi you need to do but can anyone tell me a bit more about this?
are a lot of you doing this at all?

Thanks
Nicole

Chatterbox Childcare
18-03-2009, 08:46 PM
Is this the funding of 3 and 4 year olds from the government that you are talking about?

Blackhorse
18-03-2009, 08:48 PM
yes, that is it.

sarah707
18-03-2009, 09:28 PM
It depends on where you live.

They don't offer it to childminders in Cheshire.

You should be able to find out more from your local people :D

ddw
18-03-2009, 10:02 PM
hi,

I found out that you can register to become a partner provider (you can provide the same free pre-school places as nurseries do)
I know that there is an additional registration with HMi you need to do but can anyone tell me a bit more about this?
are a lot of you doing this at all?

Thanks
Nicole

Dont know too much about it, but yes you can register as a partner provider in some area's. I think it depends on the local nursery's and schools. I understand you are more likely to be able to do it if you live quite a distance from any nursery's etc. I also think you need to have to do some training in the eyfs.
Sounds like a lot of work to be honest!

Chatterbox Childcare
18-03-2009, 10:10 PM
Speak to your local Early Years and they will either know or direct you to the Development Officer or Network. Through this they will explain about the training to become accredited and to be honest it isn't much more than what you are doing under EYFS but there is more monitoring and paperwork - surpirse!

Also look at the rate of pay as I think it is lower than our rates but it does get paid in one lump sum at the beginning of each half term.

I am accredited but rarely use it as I find it all a bit too much.

youarewhatyoueat
18-03-2009, 10:47 PM
In our area you have to be accredited and the CDO visits every month to check you are delivering the eyfs.

sammy
19-03-2009, 07:10 PM
yes i am able to do this but wont purely because of the money, we will only get paid something like £2.50 an hour - most childminders charge a minimum of £5.50 to £7.00 per hour here, so wouldnt be worth doing it for the money, you are not allowed to top up the fees either, the only way you could do this would be to charge them extra for meals.

We would also be able to obtain extra money if the child lived in a deprived area and we needed extra resources, but thats about it, i dont know one childminder that came away from the evening course of 3/4 year old funding with a positive attitude.

Its different for nurserys as they are able to have more children so they will obviously get more money. Where each one of our placements are very valuable as our child/adult ratio is limited

TheBTeam
19-03-2009, 07:39 PM
yes i am able to do this but wont purely because of the money, we will only get paid something like £2.50 an hour - most childminders charge a minimum of £5.50 to £7.00 per hour here, so wouldnt be worth doing it for the money, you are not allowed to top up the fees either, the only way you could do this would be to charge them extra for meals.

We would also be able to obtain extra money if the child lived in a deprived area and we needed extra resources, but thats about it, i dont know one childminder that came away from the evening course of 3/4 year old funding with a positive attitude.

Its different for nurserys as they are able to have more children so they will obviously get more money. Where each one of our placements are very valuable as our child/adult ratio is limited

Blimey whereabouts are you, the most we can get if we are lucky is £4 an hour, perhaps i should move!:laughing:

sammy
20-03-2009, 09:16 AM
Blimey whereabouts are you, the most we can get if we are lucky is £4 an hour, perhaps i should move!:laughing:

coulsdon surrey