PDA

View Full Version : Improving outcomes - ideas for your SEF!

sarah707
18-03-2009, 05:49 PM
This mini e-book has been written to try and help people who want to look in more detail at the Principles of the Eyfs but aren't sure where to start.

There are 16 Principles of the EYFS and each is equally important. Perhaps the one that childminders focus on most often is 4.4 which relates to the 6 areas of learning and development.

However, it is vital that the other 15 Principles are securely in place before minding starts – without considering the uniqueness of every child and getting relationships and environments right, we cannot effectively do our jobs.

I have worked through each of the 16 Principles in this e-book and given ideas for self reflection... first blow your own trumpet (because nobody else will do it for you) by saying all the things you are already doing... then go on to think about an area of improvement for each one.

Self reflection is an important part of your SEF and this will help you to practice and really think about how you do things and what you could do to improve your practice.

I hope you find this mini e-book useful! It is priced at £1.45 and is available from my website (http://www.knutsfordchildminding.co.uk)