PDA

View Full Version : applying for variation to ofstead

lishylee
04-02-2008, 09:29 PM
has anyone done this does it take long ?
im just waiting for my certificate to arrive which should be sometime very soon i already have a 16mths old little girl lined up to look after and my 9mths old newphew i have a little boy who is 2 so thats all my 3 under 5 but little girl i have lined up her mum is pregnant and due begining of june and wants me to look after baby 2 where do i stand here do i need to ring ofstead up now or wait until baby is born sorry for all the questions im really new to all this

thanks leanne

Cheeky Chops
04-02-2008, 09:33 PM
sorry, im a little unsure what your asking here! do you know how many you are allowed to care for yet?! I know the standard is 3 under 5yrs, and of them only 1 under 1yrs. so if you are asking for 2 babies and you will still be "3 under 5yrs" then you need to apply for that variation, if you are wanting more than 3 under 5yrs then thats the variation you would apply for?! i am sure thats right!! Does that answer your Q???xx

berkschick
04-02-2008, 09:36 PM
You will need to wait until baby is born and you have start dates etc as they need to names of the children for your certificate to be amended. I believe the names of the children you have the variation for will be on your certificate.

Having said that, OFSTED are quite strict about variations and only normally oofer it for continuation of care and not for a new addition to the setting. I dont know how a sibling would be classed.

Hopefully someone with more experience will be able to help you further.

wendywu
05-02-2008, 02:56 PM
I am assuming that the 16month old will start. She will be with you for at least 6 months before the mum decides to go back to work. So you should be ok with a sibling. They can take ages, when i did it i sent the letter "signed for" gave them a date i had to know by. When it got near to that date and i had not heard i emailed them. They then ok it over the phone. Good luck

Wendy

katickles
05-02-2008, 03:07 PM
As far as i know, you can't apply until the baby is born. Then it would be a continuation of care as the baby will be a sibling for one that you will already be minding.

I enquired with ofsted about a variation request & was told that it can take upto 12 weeks.

In your vartation you need to have a risk assesment & detail how you will be able to manage with all the children, feeding, sleeping arrangements etc.

Think i've got this right, I'm sure of the others will correct it if i'm wrong.:)

sarah707
05-02-2008, 03:08 PM
sounds right to me! :D

katickles
05-02-2008, 03:13 PM
Yeah - I hoped i was right, all my book worming must be paying off. Or of course it may be the fact i'm slightly addicted to this forum :laughing:

:)

Mollymop
05-02-2008, 04:26 PM
Just wanted to say good luck with your variation X

Cheeky Chops
05-02-2008, 04:59 PM
I am also applying for a variation!! I currently mind 2 siblings, one under 1 and a 2 yr old, I am wanting to have another 2 siblings, one who is 1 and the other one who is 4.

Do you think I stand a chance?! I have 2 highchairs, two bouncers, a little table and stools and a bigger table, a playroom and planning to take them all to toddler groups etc as normal.

what kind of a risk assess should I do??! anyone got any ideas on how to word it??!! help!! x