PDA

View Full Version : ***'s law

Tatia
18-03-2009, 04:28 PM
Now that I am giving up childminding for once and all, I have had THREE enquiries for full-time work in the last two days! :rolleyes: Funny ol' world, isn't it?

Tatia
18-03-2009, 04:29 PM
Oops, sorry about the title! Sometimes these angliscisms throw me and even though they don't sound like swears to me, I find that they actually are!:blush:

Jules12Wed
18-03-2009, 04:55 PM
Oh sorry to hear you are giving up.

rickysmiths
18-03-2009, 04:58 PM
Sorry to hear your giving up, how come?

nell57
18-03-2009, 05:03 PM
Now that I am giving up childminding for once and all, I have had THREE enquiries for full-time work in the last two days! :rolleyes: Funny ol' world, isn't it?

It certainly is:rolleyes:

When do you start your new job?

Spangles
18-03-2009, 05:06 PM
Sorry I didn't know you were giving up.

Is everything okay?

Tatia
18-03-2009, 05:26 PM
No, everything is great. Perfect, in fact. I'm going to work full-time as Creche and Activities Coordinator at my local children's centre. It's a Phase 2 centre with no nursery so our focus is drop-ins, parenting classes, courses for people within the community, outreach work, holiday activities, that sort of thing. Ever since I found out about the centres, I've wanted to work in them in some capacity. I was a family support worker in The States so this new role will allow me to combine both my loves, social/outreach work and early years. It's the perfect blend of my skill set and experiences.

But it's all down to childminding. Because of childminding, I found my true calling, working with children and families. And it helped me to gain qualifications and experience necassary plus to make contatcs and to impress the right people! I'm really going to miss it. Especially on a sunny day when I'll be thinking how nice it was to pop down to the beach whenever the kids and I fancied it!

misst104
18-03-2009, 05:29 PM
Sounds like you found your perfect job there :thumbsup: Sorry to hear you will be leaving cm though :(

x

breezy
18-03-2009, 05:31 PM
always the way isnt it?

Spangles
18-03-2009, 05:43 PM
Congratulations that sounds perfect! Well done, you must be chuffed to bits!

Chatterbox Childcare
18-03-2009, 05:56 PM
No, everything is great. Perfect, in fact. I'm going to work full-time as Creche and Activities Coordinator at my local children's centre. It's a Phase 2 centre with no nursery so our focus is drop-ins, parenting classes, courses for people within the community, outreach work, holiday activities, that sort of thing. Ever since I found out about the centres, I've wanted to work in them in some capacity. I was a family support worker in The States so this new role will allow me to combine both my loves, social/outreach work and early years. It's the perfect blend of my skill set and experiences.

But it's all down to childminding. Because of childminding, I found my true calling, working with children and families. And it helped me to gain qualifications and experience necassary plus to make contatcs and to impress the right people! I'm really going to miss it. Especially on a sunny day when I'll be thinking how nice it was to pop down to the beach whenever the kids and I fancied it!

Sorry to hear that we are losing you on a childminding front but that it the centres gain.

Hope to hear of many antics whilst you are there!
Enjoy

Tatia
18-03-2009, 06:03 PM
Oh my lord, a FOURTH enquiry!!! What is going on?! :ROFL1: This is insane. Ah well, at least my friends are bebefiting as I am passing on their numbers.

Donkey
18-03-2009, 06:11 PM
send them to me!!!!

:)

Pipsqueak
18-03-2009, 06:13 PM
or you could send them to me.

Enjoy your last few days Tatia