PDA

View Full Version : Will I need safety catches on this?

Willowdancer
18-03-2009, 02:09 PM
We've redone the bathroom since Ofsted came out and did my pre-reg. This is my bathroom cabinet (except the middle shelf units now have the same white doors on them as the ones below them as it just looked all wrong without.)

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s244/CheekyMooster/General/IMG_9867.jpg

My cleaning things are kept in the top left cabinet. I am 5'-and-a-bit, and I can just see the top of my head in the mirror doors and there are no handles to grab hold of to open them - will I need to put a safety catch on it?

Jules12Wed
18-03-2009, 02:11 PM
I can't see why you would need to it's not like the kids can reach them or anything.

Pedagog
18-03-2009, 02:18 PM
I wouldn't personally.

Willowdancer
18-03-2009, 02:21 PM
Great - they can stay off then. One less thing to do and one less item of furniture to wreck by having to drill holes in it :)

Chatterbox Childcare
18-03-2009, 10:25 PM
The decision whether to do anything in your house or not is your own. Ofsted should no longer say "you must do this or you must do that" but they can ask you to jusify why you have decided not to. In this case is there anyway a child could get a chair and climb up? If not, you have risk assessed, removed any dangers and it is now a low risk - action: none required.