PDA

View Full Version : 9 and 10 year old girls

singlewiththree
18-03-2009, 12:35 PM
I've had an enquiry to have a 9 and a 10 year old girl for 2 days in the holiday apparently they are shy and dont want to go to holiday club. I'm unsure of this one partly because 2 of my mindees are term time only and the others are just odd days too. I'm not sure if I have a lot to offer this age range, my eldest is 7 and my others are 3,2, and I mind a 4yr old boy, 7yr old girl and a 18mth boy (1 day only).

I just dont want to say yes and they get bored. I thought if there is only them and mine we could go on the bus to roller skating, park, that sort of thing.

Do any of you look after children this old?

DudleyChildmind
18-03-2009, 12:42 PM
Most of the children I look after are aged between 8-16 years and we always find enough things to do in the holidays. I usually ask them want they fancy doing so sometimes we go to the park, shopping, play in the garden, indoor soft play area etc. We also spend a lot of time outdoors and they never seem to get bored :)

Rasharoon
18-03-2009, 01:07 PM
I mind a 10 year old girl before and after school and have to say that I am relieved not to have her during school holidays. She is incredibly moody and never knows what she wants to do.
I'm certainly not one to want to put you off as only you can make the decision but I certainly find the older ones harder work than the younger ones.
This is my opinion.
Good luck.

emler
18-03-2009, 01:12 PM
I mind a 9 year old girl and she loves to do baking and craft activities. She likes to help with the younger children & read them stories. She loves to play games on the computer or on the wii and she has as much fun at the park or in the garden as the younger kids.
She doesn't seem to get bored. Hope this helps

Daftbat
18-03-2009, 01:14 PM
I look after quite a few children over eight years in the holidays and like previous poster we go out and do loads of things. I also agree that asking them what they want to do helps a lot. In the holidays i normally put a large piece of paper on the fridge door and ask them to note down anything they would like to do. The first time i did it i was surprised at some of the things they wanted e.g, blackberry picking down the lane, washing my car????, gardening, baking and going to see the animals at the local garden centre.

Donkey
18-03-2009, 06:30 PM
I have an 11 year old after school

it is hard getting her away from the tv, but she does like cooking and baking and being on the computer!