PDA

View Full Version : When should I start advertising?

Adiamond
18-03-2009, 09:22 AM
Good morning all,I am waiting on my crb checks to come back then I am ready to go.I spoke to my childminding co-ordinator about advertising and she advised me not to start advertising until I am fully registered as if anyone was to tell ofsted then I could get into trouble :mad:
I know some of you have advertised whilst still being pre-reg,I could really do with having mindees waiting on me as soon as I receive my certificate.
Not sure what to do please help :blush:
Thank you x x x

huggableshelly
18-03-2009, 09:24 AM
I would wait until you have your CRB's back and if you are 100% positive that your registration is going ahead then start advertising but state on your first advert pre-reg and an aproximate date when you should beable to commence work.

brillminder
18-03-2009, 09:26 AM
you could get all your bts ready in advance ready to go , good luck

estrelas
18-03-2009, 09:35 AM
i waited till ofsted told me they had everything and it is just waiting to be signed off. Crbs can take a while so I wanted to be sure they were back first.

I did start telling people at the school a while back tho, and talking to the teachers.

Polka Dots
18-03-2009, 10:36 AM
Problem is if you put vacancies from blah de blah on business cards, leaflets etc it can become outdated then the ones you have left aren't really any good.

After hearing our CRBs had been dispatched last Friday I felt confident enough to leave a few business cards on a table at the local indoor play centre. I thought I'd be receiving my Registration Certifcate the end of this week and rang Ofsted to confirm everything. Anyway I won't be getting my certficate yet because Social Services still haven't actioned their checks. :censored:

I feel awful because I'd put Registered Childminder on the cards and I'm not. :panic: Although the card has my website address on it and that does say I'm in the process of registering. I'm hoping that'll cover me if anyone complains.

uf353432
18-03-2009, 03:25 PM
i'm only advertising via word of mouth really at the moment. I am not planning on signing anyone up until I am registered, but it doesn't hurt for people to know there is a new kid on the block and have a look at what you have to offer and go on your waiting list.

misst104
18-03-2009, 03:32 PM
Hiya,

I've got all my business cards and flyers ready but they also say registered childminder on them ( lets hope nothing goes wrong :eek: ) so I am going to wait until crb comes back and have certificate I think. I was also concerned about Ofsted finding out I was advertising when nstill pre-reg!

We will be raring to go soon girls, think we are all at about the same stage :)

xxx