PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast

Chatterbox Childcare
18-03-2009, 08:07 AM
Why is that the mindees that are supposed to have breakfast with me (and pay for it) are always late and the ones who are not supposed to arrive hungry!

What do you give yours for breakfast?

ajs
18-03-2009, 08:18 AM
i haven't voted as i sometimes give toast and soemtimes cereal

although

one parent provides breakfast
another has it included in her fee and the other feeds hers before she brings her but lo always eats something with the other two as i don't think it's fair to not give her anything.

i do not do any morning school runs so breakfast isn't a problem for us

i don't supply tea though

sarah32
18-03-2009, 08:19 AM
Only one mindee has breakfast and doesnt get dropped off to 8.30am so no time for anything else but ceareal

Mrs M
18-03-2009, 08:22 AM
I have a selection of cereals for the children to choose from. If they're still hungry afterwards they sometimes ask for toast. I wouldn't cook anything at breakfast time! Bad enough having to do dinner!

Daftbat
18-03-2009, 08:24 AM
I don't charge extra for meals and normally only the one who stays overnight and the one who some days comes at 6.15am(!) need it. I offer cereal or toast.

flora
18-03-2009, 08:31 AM
I don't do mornings any more but when I did I offered anything from full english to toast.

If I was cooking for ds then to bung in extra was no prob. If they were late however then diff story it would be toast/ cereal or fruit etc.

Pauline
18-03-2009, 08:55 AM
I can't vote either because they have cereal and toast too if they are still hungry :)

huggableshelly
18-03-2009, 09:04 AM
I voted ceral but i also do toast too anytime from 7:30 till 8:00

i dont charge for breakfast as most of the time mindees have eaten and just like to square peice of toast with a drink (1/4 slice) but it is annoying when a parent arrives at 8:20 due to being late stating their child hasnt eaten yet and i have school run in 10 mins! so i offer toast and fruit to eat on the way.

amirose
18-03-2009, 09:08 AM
Mine get a choice of cereal, toast and fruit and they can have as much or as little as they like.
I have done 2 breakfasts this morning and one had 3 slices of jam on toast, strawberries and a plum and the other had a bowl of branflakes, 1 slice of buttered toast, some strawberries and a glass of orange juice.
Breakfast is the most important meal of they day :thumbsup:

breezy
18-03-2009, 09:19 AM
mine have a choice of cereal, toast or go without:laughing:

katickles
18-03-2009, 09:22 AM
Mine used to have a choice. He'd choose from Cereal, toast, crumpets, toasted T cakes etc. No way would I do a full english :panic:

http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/28/2883/288322.png (http://www.bump-and-beyond.com/)

rickysmiths
18-03-2009, 10:40 AM
Oh I couldn't vote cause most mornings I make porridge, from oats, not instant. they have a choice of fruit blueberries when we have them in the garden, raspberries, when we can go and pick them from the local fruit farm, banana, stewed apple, plums etc.
If the older ones are still hungry they have toast.

I have between three and six for breakfast each day. I also find the one that has had breakfast at home always joins us for a piece of toast!!!

Ok I've voted cereal. :clapping:

RedDragon
18-03-2009, 10:49 AM
I have a hankering for porridge :) yum.

Lady Haha
18-03-2009, 11:27 AM
mine have a choice of cereal, toast or go without:laughing:

Same here:thumbsup:

and I state to the parents that breakfast is at 8am so if they should give thier child breakfast before coming if arriving after that. No way, I'm messing about with breakfast ten mins before school run! Takes ten mins just to get them all in coats and bags!

Roseolivia
18-03-2009, 02:01 PM
I give toast or cereal, they can choose. If they don't want anything i don't give them anything, i always think they are old enough to decide if they're hungry or not.

Jules12Wed
18-03-2009, 02:10 PM
Most of mine bring breakfast with them, only 1 I feed and choice of cereals or toast. The others that are not at school have breakfast when we get back home.

ChocolateChip
18-03-2009, 02:53 PM
I voted cereal as I only have one for brekkie at the mo and she doesn't like toast, but I do offer it along with fruit, maybe a yoghurt in the warmer months.
Wouldn't cook but I was considering looking for an automatic egg boiler wouldn't have time to stand there and time it, lol) to see if that would go down well, anyone got one of these?

Princess Sara
18-03-2009, 02:58 PM
Oh I couldn't vote cause most mornings I make porridge, from oats, not instant.

We do this too, but I voted cerial as that's what I class it as... mindees will be offered that or regular cerial, or toast. But I'm having my porriage and so is ds1, lo and dp! Lol.

Angela234
18-03-2009, 05:06 PM
I voted cereal but will do toast as well if they want it

Angela

Donkey
18-03-2009, 06:25 PM
no full english :O

your seriously considering it???

I would serve cereal, fruit and toast...

loocyloo
19-03-2009, 10:15 AM
i'm not doing breakfast currently!

but when i do its cereal or porridge/toast/fruit. sometimes in the colder months they might have beans or scrambled egg on toast.

xxx