PDA

View Full Version : Just said bye to my first mindee

louise
17-03-2009, 02:21 PM
:( My first mindee has just left:(
He was due to leave after 4 but mum needs to go to hospital to have a check up as she is pregnant. She had phoned to see if i could have him later. Which i said was fine. She said she will drop in the reference on her way as i have a parent round later. I had mindee out in the garden so he didn't see her and she decided to take him now. So just like that i had to say bye to him. We were having a lovely time. His preschool is now a childrens centre and we stayed for lunch then had fun in the garden.

Going to miss him. I had him for over 2 years and last year he became full time. I need to pick my son up from school soon. He will wonder where mindee is as he knew today was mindees last playday. He had a present and card for him. Hopefully the mum wont need a c-section so she can attend messy church tom and they can say bye to each ither.

Why do we get so attached? The house is so quite as now i only have 1 part timer. I am looking forward to helping at my ds school one morning a week.
The reference she gave me was lovely.

sorry a but of a ramble. Didn't plan on being on my own and have time to think he has gone.

Lou

huggableshelly
17-03-2009, 02:26 PM
it is hard not to get attatched isnt it.

i still have a 13 year old who pops in from time to time as he misses being here, think he misses the children more than me but its so nice to see him.
He used to pop in weekly now its once in a blue moon, pretty soon he will stop coming.

sonia ann
17-03-2009, 02:31 PM
Hi it's horrible when they leave.I had one little boy from 5weeks old until last September when he started school and I really miss him .Luckily I still have his little sister so I still get to see him at pick up time. It was his 5th birthday yesterday and I find it difficult to accept how quickly 5 years has flown by. My first mindee is now 15yrs old and I still see her as her 12yr old brother comes to me after school. We cant help but get attached its in our nature or we wouldnt be doing the job we do:)

katickles
17-03-2009, 02:37 PM
I know how you feel, one of mine went Friday. So far its ok here as he came for Wed, Thurs & Friday's so dd hasn't noticed I don't think. Its weired here though as we usually have my other mindee full time & she also finished Friday until after my maternity leave, so its just been the two of us the last couple of days which is really really lovely, but a bit strange.

Hopefully you'll stay in touch & you will see him soon x x

http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/28/2879/287961.png (http://www.bump-and-beyond.com/)

haribo
17-03-2009, 03:14 PM
its so hard when they leave, but it sounds like you were a bit taken by surprise which is even worse it prob all happened a bit quick. hopefully as you say you will see him soon and probably say a proper goodbye so it feels more natural and you will move on xx

louise
17-03-2009, 04:09 PM
Thank you everyone. Feeling a bit better but it was strange going to school with out him. Hopefully i will see him tom so that we can say bye.

marion123
18-03-2009, 09:32 AM
it is hard not to get attatched isnt it.

i still have a 13 year old who pops in from time to time as he misses being here, think he misses the children more than me but its so nice to see him.
He used to pop in weekly now its once in a blue moon, pretty soon he will stop coming.

ive got a 17 yrs old who pops in every holiday from collage to see me she texts to just to tell me how she doing so its hard not to get attatched :)

Cammie Doodle
19-03-2009, 07:27 AM
Ah bless, its so hard when they leave, but we would not be human if it did not affect us. Just shows we care .

angeldelight
19-03-2009, 07:30 AM
It is horrible when they leave hope you are ok Lou

Angel xx