PDA

View Full Version : fire drills and inspections

JO S
17-03-2009, 01:45 PM
Just as a matter of interest, is it enough to show ofsted your record of fire drills or would they expect a demonstration?
should I plan a drill for during inspection? Got to say I feel pressured enough, without adding this in.

Jo. x

beerheaven
17-03-2009, 01:47 PM
Think just written evidence would be ok. Inspector might ask children so make sure they are familiar with drill!

Blimey, don't think I could have coped with a fire drill during my inspection yesterday!!

huggableshelly
17-03-2009, 02:28 PM
hmm that gives me an idea, if I dont like my inspector we can do a firedrill which will mean a full evactuation and atleast 10 mins out of my home and the pressure lol.

sarah707
17-03-2009, 05:59 PM
No you don't need to do one for your inspection!

Just make sure your paperwork shows you do them regularly and test your alarms.

Remind the children so if she asks them they can answer confidently :D

Daftbat
17-03-2009, 06:11 PM
Just your log and anything else e.g policies - diagrams of exits etc to support it

JO S
17-03-2009, 08:03 PM
Thanks, thats a relief. will probably try to squeeze another drill in though just so it's fresh in the kid's minds.

jo. x

bubbly
17-03-2009, 08:56 PM
On my inspection, one of my mindees was absolutely bursting to tell the inspector all about our fire drill. It was completely without any prompting or coaxing from myself and the inspector thought it was brilliant :)