PDA

View Full Version : Fed Up

Polka Dots
17-03-2009, 11:23 AM
Rang up Ofsted a few minutes ago to enquire how long it would be before my Registration Certificate is issued only to be informed still waiting on Social Service checks.

Ofsted made the request to SS on 10th February, chased them up 10th March and will chase them up again today. It's taken SS 5 WEEKS to do naff all! :angry: How long exactly do they need to carry out background checks?

I asked Ofsted if SS have deadlines in relation to the these checks and apparently they don't. :angry: Everything else is in place. I'm flipping hopping mad at the moment.

FizzysFriends
17-03-2009, 11:26 AM
My pre-reg inspector warned me that although most of the time its the CRBs that take the longest SS in the area were understaffed and prefered to do other things first.

Can you give them a call direct and chase them up?

Chatterbox Childcare
17-03-2009, 11:29 AM
I would call SS and ask if they have the application. Once they find it ask them to act on it.

It is probably at the bottom of a much needed attention pile

Polka Dots
17-03-2009, 11:40 AM
I'll find Social Service's number out and ring this afternoon when DD is at pre-school.

CXA
17-03-2009, 01:08 PM
Rang up Ofsted a few minutes ago to enquire how long it would be before my Registration Certificate is issued only to be informed still waiting on Social Service checks.

Ofsted made the request to SS on 10th February, chased them up 10th March and will chase them up again today. It's taken SS 5 WEEKS to do naff all! :angry: How long exactly do they need to carry out background checks?

I asked Ofsted if SS have deadlines in relation to the these checks and apparently they don't. :angry: Everything else is in place. I'm flipping hopping mad at the moment.

Hi, I had the same problem - in my case Ofsted made the request to Social services in December and finally completed the checks last week after I made a complaint to the childminding co-ordinator for my county. There isn't much that Ofsted will do other than continue to send chase letters which Social Services just ignore so I would find out the name of the Childminding Services Co-ordinator in your area and send them a strong email, saying that you are sitting at home unable to earn at the moment, etc. I was given a list of contacts at my Pre-reg meeting but I think you can also get this off the internet. Hopefully it will work, it did for me, but at least you will feel that you are doing something to get the ball rolling! Good luck!

Polka Dots
17-03-2009, 01:30 PM
As it happens I'll see the local Early Years co-ordinator on Thursday night for my Quality Practice Workshop. I'll let her know my thoughts about SS and ask them to look into the matter. I know background checks have to be made but the whole process to me seems flawed. I'm unable to work because of Social Services inabilities.

Polka Dots
18-03-2009, 12:09 PM
I rang the Early Years Centre and they pointed me back to Ofsted because they couldn't help. I rang Ofsted [again] with the intention of asking for the details of whom I'd need to complain to at SS. He checked my file and the necessary checks have come back today. He's sent my file to be checked over and signed off. Finally my Reg Cert should be on it's way. :cheerleader:

estrelas
18-03-2009, 12:46 PM
Thats great
hope it comes through quick for you x

pinklady
18-03-2009, 12:47 PM
Great news!! Time to start stalking the postman!!:D (or lady :blush: )

Jen4Kids
18-03-2009, 08:21 PM
What a palava :panic:

Fingers crossed you'll soon have it :littleangel: :D