PDA

View Full Version : EYFS pack???

button68
04-02-2008, 06:41 PM
Where can I get a EYFS pack from?

- that ws short and sweet wasn't it:D :D

sarah707
04-02-2008, 06:44 PM
They are out of print at the moment I believe... it's all on teachernet though... :D

http://www.teachernet.gov.uk/teachingandlearning/EYFS/

deeb66
Hi Mandy

That was short and sweet wasn't it:D

You can't get them anymore as they are being reprinted at the end of next month to allow for any changes that have been made.

You can however access online......I will dig out the link for you

deeb66
Sarah beet me to it:D

wendywu
04-02-2008, 06:45 PM
So does that mean that the ones already given out will be out of date!:panic:

deeb66
04-02-2008, 06:47 PM
So does that mean that the ones already given out will be out of date!:panic:

I am afraid so.

Depending on what the updates are we may just be able to amend from information online......will have to wait and see

Spangles
04-02-2008, 07:03 PM
Oh no! I can't have a scruffy copy with amendments written all over it! I'm going to have to get a new one! Ha ha!

deeb66
04-02-2008, 07:04 PM
Oh no! I can't have a scruffy copy with amendments written all over it! I'm going to have to get a new one! Ha ha!

My thought exactly Lorri :D

angeldelight
04-02-2008, 07:37 PM
There is also this website

http://www.standards.dcsf.gov.uk/eyfs/

Angel xx

Cheeky Chops
04-02-2008, 08:19 PM
I have just ordered a eyfs pack, its due to come this week sometime, does that mean its out of date too??!! argh!! hehe and if so how can we get hold of the "new" pack?? xx

deeb66
04-02-2008, 08:22 PM
I have just ordered a eyfs pack, its due to come this week sometime, does that mean its out of date too??!! argh!! hehe and if so how can we get hold of the "new" pack?? xx

We have to wait until they have agreed on all the alterations which should be by the end of March.

The revised pack is due to go to printers early April so i think we should be able to order them probably closer to the end of April.

This is the information I have been told but remember it can change at anytime!!!!

If I hear anything different to this I will let you know

Cheeky Chops
04-02-2008, 08:43 PM
thanks!! what do you think is going to change??! are the aspects and components still the same?? xx

deeb66
04-02-2008, 08:46 PM
thanks!! what do you think is going to change??! are the aspects and components still the same?? xx

I would think so.

I just think that it will be the Statutory Framework that will change......if that is the case they may only reprint the booklet so that we can order it seperately to replace the old one.

We will have to wait and see

tinytigers
16-02-2008, 11:21 PM
When I went to the briefing session a couple of weeks ago they gave us a phone number. Will have to dig it out. However I rang for a copy last Wednesday just to familiarise myself and they told me it was out of stock until March.

It was delivered on Friday!!!! Not sure how up to date it is then not had a look at it yet.

miffy
17-02-2008, 08:16 AM

Oh Lorri that made me laugh but...............

I'll be exactly the same!!!

Miffy xx

button68
22-02-2008, 07:38 PM
When I went to the briefing session a couple of weeks ago they gave us a phone number. Will have to dig it out. However I rang for a copy last Wednesday just to familiarise myself and they told me it was out of stock until March.

It was delivered on Friday!!!! Not sure how up to date it is then not had a look at it yet.

Any news on the phone number for this pack?

I still don't have any EYFS info except what I have bought from a reputable well known childminder I know ;) Great information ....... just wasn't sure about the clouds though :cool:

sarah707
23-02-2008, 10:15 AM
Any news on the phone number for this pack?

No news yet! I am keeping my eye on the Ofsted and Teachernet sites for news, but nothing has popped up there... hope they are taking their time because they are busy ironing out a few bits and bobs though!

For now, I'm starting changing my policies and they'll just have to be tweaked if something big changes...

Nice cloudy day today in Cheshire! Shopping in a bit... oh joy! :D

Charz
23-06-2008, 03:47 PM
I have been told that i need one of these whilst im studing my childcare course at college. I have been told that i can get one for free... Is this true? If so how can i do this?

sarah707
23-06-2008, 04:40 PM
I have been told that i need one of these whilst im studing my childcare course at college. I have been told that i can get one for free... Is this true? If so how can i do this?

You can access the EYFS here -

http://www.teachernet.gov.uk/teachingandlearning/EYFS/

and order a copy from dcfs -

dcsf@prolog.uk.com

Hope this helps :D

childminder54
23-06-2008, 04:42 PM
ive got my revised copy

veronicaxx