PDA

View Full Version : Leaflet Printing

Pedagog
17-03-2009, 10:53 AM
I am considering getting some leaflets printed, and was wondering how you all did your printing.

Do you do it yourself on a domestic printer?
or Have it Printed by a proper printer?

If you use a proper printing firm, what sort of price do you pay.

Thanks in advance.

uf353432
17-03-2009, 11:00 AM
Be aware of minimum run lengths - so you need to think if any of your info will outdate eaily - if for example you put a cost of fee's etc on your leaflet then you may wish to leave it 'white boxed' and that way you can simply write on the relevant information as and when.

You have to ask yourself longterm if you are printing it out as advertising and giving it to many people if its cheaper in the long run to do a longer run and bin what you don't need.

Another option is something like snapfish - you can print photocards or even print onto photo's using free sign ups to bag 50 free prints, multiple sign ups will allow you to print off quite alot.

You could also look at vista print - I know they do free business cards - you could do business card sized advertising that way people can keep your details in their purse/wallet.

I guess the more professional the printing it - the more professional your setting looks

debs

amirose
17-03-2009, 11:10 AM
I have made my own for childminding and my other business in the past. I have a laser jet printer which makes the world of difference - I can do 5000 prints for £35 - wouldn't even bother trying to do them on an inkjet printer it would be cheaper to pay someone else to do it.

Depending on how much information your intending to put on the leaflet - I use white tesco value paper (£2 reem of 500) for tri-fold leaflets and nice brightly coloured paper for small postcard sized leaflets to catch attention.

I love the freedom of being able to edit the leaflets as of when I like - I have used the leaflets from vistaprint but you are far better off getting their postcards :thumbsup:

Pedagog
17-03-2009, 11:12 AM
Debs
Thanks for that.

Pedagog
17-03-2009, 11:14 AM
Thanks Ami.

Jules12Wed
17-03-2009, 02:43 PM
I had postcard sized leaflets printed through vista print only worked out about £10.00 I think, and the majority of that was postage, you can usually find free deals.

angeldelight
23-03-2009, 09:36 AM
I am considering getting some leaflets printed, and was wondering how you all did your printing.

Do you do it yourself on a domestic printer?
or Have it Printed by a proper printer?

If you use a proper printing firm, what sort of price do you pay.

Thanks in advance.

Have you decided the best option for you ?

Angel xx

Pedagog
23-03-2009, 11:54 AM
No I have printed out some of my own, also have some vistaprint postcards, but still toying with the idea of a leaflet drop.

Donkey
23-03-2009, 01:56 PM
I made vista print postcards, if you sign up for their newsletters you can get stuff printed for free but pay p&p

I got car magnetic signs for the doors, buiness cards, pens t-shirts, headed stationery all my with logo on.

gotta love vista print!

Pudding Girl
23-03-2009, 02:02 PM
I've just ( with a lot of faff as I use Open Office!) made up a 3 fold leaflet and emailed it to Hubby to print off 100 or 2 lol

Cost - nothing! :idea:

Pedagog
23-03-2009, 02:02 PM
I made vista print postcards, if you sign up for their newsletters you can get stuff printed for free but pay p&p

I got car magnetic signs for the doors, buiness cards, pens t-shirts, headed stationery all my with logo on.

gotta love vista print!

I got the magnetic door signs for hubby's car, thought I was very clever, until they arrived and hubby reminded me that his Land-rover body is aluminium:blush: Opps.

Pudding Girl
23-03-2009, 02:03 PM
Superglue? ;) :laughing:

Pedagog
23-03-2009, 02:10 PM
Superglue? ;) :laughing:

I will just have to put the window stickers in the car instead.