PDA

View Full Version : mindees mum pregnant

marion123
17-03-2009, 10:02 AM
well mindees mum is pregnant she told me last night by a phone call that her daughter wont be coming after july as she will be at home so she will be having her then she said she will be going back to work in march and could i have baby i said its along time to go without any money and to keep a place she then said oh right so i ask for a retainer and she just said well if you havent any places i will look else where ive had mindee for 3 yrs you just cant believe people can you so im looking for another mindee so can you all keep your fingers crossed for me

emmadines
17-03-2009, 10:13 AM
well mindees mum is pregnant she told me last night by a phone call that her daughter wont be coming after july as she will be at home so she will be having her then she said she will be going back to work in march and could i have baby i said its along time to go without any money and to keep a place she then said oh right so i ask for a retainer and she just said well if you havent any places i will look else where ive had mindee for 3 yrs you just cant believe people can you so im looking for another mindee so can you all keep your fingers crossed for me

Im sort of in a simular situation, mindees parent are splitting up and mum is most likely going to move back near her parents so Im loosing one too :(
oh never mind the childminder I suppose lo

good luck and happy huntingl

amirose
17-03-2009, 10:19 AM
awww hun that's not nice, it didn't take me very long to get attached to my mindees so can understand why after 3 years this attitude hurts.

I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you that you get someone else signed up quick :thumbsup:

MissTinkerbell
17-03-2009, 11:34 AM

Oh that's not nice. I'm in the same situation - my mindee leaves July but mum is having 12 months off and desperately wants the 2 of them to come back to me. Luckily my 2 start school then, so I can take on another mindee from Sep this year and still take the other 2 after maternity leave.

Hope things work out for you and you find another mindee soon.

haribo
17-03-2009, 11:40 AM
i plucked up the courage to ask mindees mum her plans when she has baby, so i knew if id have a vacancy, and she said mindee is staying with me as shes so happy , all through her mat. leave too but thinks will have free creche place for little one. i said thats fine,just wanted to give her first chance as will be looking to fill vacancy soon. she started backtracking and said can i talk it over with hubby. i said sure no pressure just needed to know soon . would be a shame to split them , and they get tax credits to . so will wait and see .

marion123
17-03-2009, 11:56 AM
i plucked up the courage to ask mindees mum her plans when she has baby, so i knew if id have a vacancy, and she said mindee is staying with me as shes so happy , all through her mat. leave too but thinks will have free creche place for little one. i said thats fine,just wanted to give her first chance as will be looking to fill vacancy soon. she started backtracking and said can i talk it over with hubby. i said sure no pressure just needed to know soon . would be a shame to split them , and they get tax credits to . so will wait and see .

thats what my parents said and then she phoned last night and dropped the bomb shell that she would keep her at home through her mat leave she said she cant afford it they get tax credits and ask me to keep place open for 8 months without retainer so im not happy as mindee is so happy here

haribo
17-03-2009, 11:59 AM
sounds like theyre trying it on , tell them you have had a couple of enquiries they might realise they value you after all .

marion123
17-03-2009, 12:07 PM
im going to say that next week im going to ask her to pick mindee up 10 mins early as ive got some one coming im going to do that next wednesday :laughing: and you never now i could have some phone call soon i hope :)

wendywu
17-03-2009, 12:41 PM
What i suggest to parents that the mindee still comes but for a reduced number of hours per week. Then i keep the full place open.

This way mum does not feel she is paying for something she is not having. She has times when she can go for appointments, have a rest and give the new baby some one to one attention.

It also keeps continuity for the mindee in what can be a very stressful time for the family.

Mind you i have never had a parent take a year off, 9 months was the most.:)

sarahstanbridge
17-03-2009, 12:49 PM
i'm waiting to hear what my mindies mum will do. baby is due in september and she has already hinted they wont be using anyone else- they like me!! (she gets nine months full pay) so will have to see what they think when it comes to maternity leave.

Demonjill
17-03-2009, 04:05 PM
Hope it all works out. Good luck :)

Alibali
17-03-2009, 07:00 PM
I have 2 sets of parents on mat leave, and they have continued to send los throughout to keep some kind of continuity for them. I have now applied for (and been told I will get) a variation to take baby so I will have 4 under 5:panic: :panic:

Hope they change their mind