PDA

View Full Version : Hand me the meat cleaver.....

uf353432
16-03-2009, 10:49 PM
I'm going cat hunting!!!

came down this morning to the lurid stench of cat urine in my dining room...bluergh! some rampant tom decided that the countryside around us is not enough of a litter tray and my wooden table and chairs is a much more attractive propersition! I am so not impressed! If I catch that moggy his nuts are coming off!!

The worst of this story though is on Wednesday I have my first enquiry coming to check my place out - and unless I can find a way to get rid of this stench I am going to look like a right scummy whatname! arghhhH! :censored:

Twinkles
17-03-2009, 08:53 AM
Eeww !!

You can get something from the pet shop to get rid of the smell.

Hope the cats where you live can run fast ! http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/1.gif

amirose
17-03-2009, 09:01 AM
Eugh YUCK! I think that would have to warrant a new table and chairs for me - I'd be pretty mad too! You can get animal neutrilisers from the pet shop and they help but its all going to have sunk in the wood ... :panic: ewww

mandy moo
17-03-2009, 09:06 AM
Yuk, How did it get in?

Donkey
17-03-2009, 09:26 AM
bicarb of soda works...

leave it on over night and hoover it up...
it will absorb the smell and wetness!

good luck

Spangles
17-03-2009, 09:41 AM
Febreeze is good at getting rid of awful smells.

I love cats but the smell of cat urine is truly awful so can understand where you are coming from.

Where we used to live there was a plant outside that smelt the same as cat wee at different times of the year - lovely!

FizzysFriends
17-03-2009, 09:43 AM
OMG I would be reaching for the meat clever too if a cat got into my house (can you tell im not a cat person).

LOOPYLISA
17-03-2009, 09:50 AM
We have 3 cats and luckly they don.t do it indoors, i know wat you mean though it stinks and i would be so cross, hope you find something to get rid of the smell :thumbsup:

uf353432
17-03-2009, 10:50 AM
trouble with things like the febreeze etc is that it just masks the smell but doesn't actually get rid of the enzymes in the cat wee. The odour neutralisers they sell don't work particularly well either, and you can't use some products as the enzymes they contain actually make the smell worse as they mix with the enzymes in the cat wee and have a little waltz!!

I have found that nail polish remover seems to be the best antidote to cat wee, though like op said being on wood - its soaked in a bit - so have to keep applying it layer by layer.

The smell I think is finally going, the offending chair is in the garden 'airing' and the windows and doors are all open - thank god for this super sunny weather!

We do have 2 cats of our own so we have a cat flap - which is now boarded up - but this is definately a tom cat - the smell of tom cats wee is very distinctive and very potent. Bluergh and bluergh once again!

Thanks for the reminder of bicarb though, will stick a pot of that in the dining room tonight to soak up any more offending aroma and hope that I have done enough not to put this mum right off me! lol!

Princess Sara
17-03-2009, 11:05 AM
Lemon juice. Not to get rid of the smell, but to make him not want to come in. Cut a lemon in half and rub it around whatever entrance he uses. Or vinegar.

Bicarb absorbs the smell pretty well. I'd just give it a good scrub with disinfectant but I've had cats for years and the naughty things they do don't bother me much anymore!

(I would also find him and cut his bits off too, or send him to the RSPCA as a stray and they'll do it for you then rehome him/find his owner.)