PDA

View Full Version : What to do?

Kes
16-03-2009, 09:42 PM
I am registered for 2 children under 5 years. At the moment I have a 3 year old 8:30 - 3:15 every day and my son who is 2 in may. I have a 9 month old starting in june for up to 3 days a week but is a shift pattern so will be different days each week.
I have just had an e mail asking if I have space for a 16 month old 2 days a week. Should I say I am full or should I think about taking them on and applying for a variation for june.
My concern is that I take them on and then don't get the variation. Is it likely that I would get turned down for one?

Thanks
Kerry.

berkschick
16-03-2009, 09:46 PM
OFSTED normally only grant variations for continuation of care or for care of a sibling.

Unless you can get the 3 day a weeker to commit to the same 3 days, you have to say you are full really because you are!

miffy
16-03-2009, 10:02 PM
OFSTED normally only grant variations for continuation of care or for care of a sibling.

Unless you can get the 3 day a weeker to commit to the same 3 days, you have to say you are full really because you are!

I agree! Sorry if that's not what you were hoping to hear

Miffy xx

Kes
16-03-2009, 10:22 PM
Its kinda what I expected. I have emailed her back to say that the only space I have left available is only until the end of may. It just seems weird turning people away when I have spent so long trying to get some.

Thanks for the replies.
Kerry.

angeldelight
23-03-2009, 09:33 AM
Its kinda what I expected. I have emailed her back to say that the only space I have left available is only until the end of may. It just seems weird turning people away when I have spent so long trying to get some.

Thanks for the replies.
Kerry.

Hope you get more calls that suit you soon

Angel xx

jellytot
23-03-2009, 09:37 AM
it is frustrating turning people away when we spend so much time trying to get enquirys

Bex1
23-03-2009, 12:20 PM
Unless I read that wrong, I didnt think we included our own children in the registration. Its just I saw you mentioned your own child when mentioning numbers?

I am panicking now because I am going to minding 2 15 month olds from this week onwards and I have a 19 month old daughter!

amirose
23-03-2009, 12:46 PM
Unless I read that wrong, I didnt think we included our own children in the registration. Its just I saw you mentioned your own child when mentioning numbers?

I am panicking now because I am going to minding 2 15 month olds from this week onwards and I have a 19 month old daughter!

No hun the registration does not include your own children! I think you read it wrong - Kerry is saying from June she will have one full time under five and another under five odd days - as she only has two spaces she cannot take on another under 5 2 days a week - now breath :laughing:

singlewiththree
23-03-2009, 02:26 PM
I just checked my certificate and it says I can have 3 children under 8 years. I rang them and they said they have already taken into account my own children which is why it is only 3 under 8. Therefore I can have 6 under 8 years really.