PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody written a letter to introduce yourself to other settings?

Willowdancer
16-03-2009, 07:40 PM
I share care of my mindee with two other nurseries, and I think I should have written them a letter to introduce myself and talk about sharing of information etc shouldn't I?

Has anybody got a sample one I could look at or a link to where I can find one please?

Daftbat
16-03-2009, 07:59 PM
I'm not sure that i would write a letter to the other setting. If you are in contact with them via picking up etc i would just speak to them to introduce yourself. I have done that with the two nurseries i deal with and had no problems.

nannymcflea
16-03-2009, 08:46 PM
I sent the nursery a profile highlighting all 6 elements of EYFS and where the child is at each stage with me. Have not heard anything back...suprise!:laughing:

helenlc
16-03-2009, 09:04 PM
I dont have to introduce myself to the pre-school where mindee will be going after Easter - I went to school with her daughter and worked there myself for 3 yrs!!

I dont think I would do a letter introducing myself though in another setting but I would maybe give them a copy of my monthly themes and ask for similar information back.

Donkey
17-03-2009, 10:24 AM
I have written 'hello' letters to the 2 childrens centre and local primary school and I have had nothing back

:(

MissTinkerbell
17-03-2009, 11:31 AM
I have written a letter to my 'other setting' even though all of my own children go there or have been there and my husband is the OIC (RAF equivalent of chair of governors). I just outlined what information I would like to share with them and vice versa. Also a bit about how I realised how busy they are, etc and we could share info in whatever form was easiest for them.

I give them a form once a month with info on what we have done; what developmental milestones have been achieved; any other info and what we are going to do the next month.

I get verbal feedback from M's nursery worker and I write this into her file. I've also been told that I can go in and look at the file they have on her anytime I want.

You also need to get permission from your parents to share info about their child.

Chatterbox Childcare
17-03-2009, 11:36 AM
I wrote a letter introducing myself and had a reply. A copy of my letter plus the reply is on file for Ofsted to see that I have endeavoured to make links.

I now talk to the nursery before and after my mindee goes and note down anything that is relevant.

I also put a copy of the newsletters from the nursery with every file.

I have attached both the letter to parent requesting permission to share information and the letter to the other settings.

Hope this helps