PDA

View Full Version : Freaky son...

Helen Dempster
16-03-2009, 03:34 PM
My 10yr old son really scared the living wotsits out of me yesterday! He was out playing on his bike with 2 of his mates and were playing in a cul-de-sac. Anyway, knock on my door, it was his friend "something's wrong with..." I thought he'd come off his bike (again!) but then he came in, shaking like a leaf, tears running down cheeks and breathing really rapidly. He told me he'd seen a 'man' and described everything about him - flat cap, long black coat, trousers with holes, fingerless gloves, stubble, about 30yrs...and with a huge gaping wound at the side of his head with blood trickling down the side of his face. NO ONE ELSE COULD SEE THIS MAN! But we believed him, cos of his reaction, plus his story never altered. I told him to take me to the place he saw him and when we got there, he could still see him, but in a different position (he'd been standing before, and now he was crouched down leaning against the wheel of a car). He said he was looking straight at him. I said I'd go and 'talk' to him, but my son got scared and begged me not to go near him. The 2 friends put some stones near the man and I was doing my best Yvette Fielding (Most Haunted) by asking him to move them - show us a sign etc :laughing: Anyway, it got too much for my son and he rode off. When he returned, he said he couldn't see the man anymore, he'd gone. Went over to the stones...and yep, you've guessed it - they were gone too! HOW SPOOKY IS THAT??????????

hollyoaksmad
16-03-2009, 03:36 PM
that is wel spooky i have heard that childrn can see things that adults cant if he was messing around he is a very good little actor

littlethistle
16-03-2009, 03:39 PM
omg :eek: is your son ok?

ive got shivers and goosebumps from head to toe now:eek:

Helen Dempster
16-03-2009, 04:15 PM
omg :eek: is your son ok?

ive got shivers and goosebumps from head to toe now:eek:

I know - I get shivers etc each time I think about it!! He's fine now, bless him. He did used to suffer from 'night terrors', where he'd look awake (eyes open, and would be talking as though he was awake, but not making any sense), but this was different. Someone suggested he was having a 'waking nightmare' but I don't agree with that, as he was actually out riding his bike! Weird though. He 'saw' his grandad (dad's dad) when he was very young. He died before my son was born, many years before, but he described him down to a tee (and there were never any photos of him anywhere). Another spooky thing is, my niece who's also 10 (lives in Norfolk) had a spooky moment where she felt like someone was kicking her (but no-one else around) - it was also yesterday at EXACTLY the same time my son saw this man!!! Oooh, I've got to stop talking about it now!!!!!! I've gone cold!

LittleStars
16-03-2009, 04:56 PM
We have had a few similar freaky experiences

We were in burger king in Windsor and it is an old building which has been modernised. At the side of the restaurant there is an original staircase. We were sat next to the staircase and it was really busy so I was sharing a table with an american couple. My Ds1 who was 3 and ds2 who was about 6mnths.
Ds2 was really laughing and I said to ds1 "what is he laughing at" and ds to said "that old lady on the stairs who is pulling faces at him" :eek: and I went "what old lady" and ds1 points at an empty staircase and says "that old lady" :eek: :eek: :eek: The american couple looked at me and I looked at them and I said "ohh thats nice" gulp and we carried on eating...it was really surreal!!

Then over new year we were staying in a cottage in devon and ds2 (now 4) told me matter of factly about the old lady in the rocking chair over there who gave him a sweet and said that the old man had gone out to fetch the cows in as it was going to snow!! :eek: Sure enough it snowed later :eek:

I can't say Im really a believer.....but Im sure he couldn't have fabricated any of this!!!

When I was 5 I apparently told my mum that my grandpa had just been in to say goodbye to her but she wouldn't talk to him so he told me to tell her. She had a right go at me for telling lies and then the phone rang and it was my grandma to tell my mum that my grandpa had died of a heart attack 1/2 hour previously!!!!

Andrea08
16-03-2009, 04:57 PM
:eek: wow dont know what to say hope your son is ok now, very spookey hun!!

nannymcflea
16-03-2009, 05:01 PM
Thats it, I'll be blaming you lot when I have nightmares later!:eek:

emler
16-03-2009, 05:10 PM
:eek: OMG I've got goosebumps now too!

Mollymop
16-03-2009, 05:17 PM
Oh your poor son. I hope he is ok now? He must have a gift.

RedDragon
16-03-2009, 05:28 PM
I could understand it if he only saw the man once. The mind plays silly tricks on you and often if it sees an object that it can't make out it will turn it into something it does know (e.g. a man).

But it is VERY odd if you went back with him and he could see the man in a different spot (and no one else could).

As a total none believer in anything ghosty my first thoughts would be I wonder if he had accidentaly eaten anything that would make his hallucinate.

emmadines
16-03-2009, 06:08 PM
they say it because children have innocents about them, i saw them as a kid, he was a monk who walked a pub we used to live in.

when Jake was a baby he used to sit and stare at the airing cupboard door and scream, pretty much the same time , most nights. we moved and he never did it again.

before er left that house o/h (all be it far from innocent lol) woke with a fright saying there was an old man standing at our bedroom looking in, there was no man and it scared the hell out of me. I was very weary of getting dressed and undressed it there lol

LisaH
16-03-2009, 06:26 PM
Omg wish i hadn't read this thread!! I'm totally freaked out now!!:eek:

Hope your son is ok tho:)

haribo
16-03-2009, 06:37 PM
i wish i hadnt read it too im not going to sleep tonight :o it reminds me of that film with bruce willis -sixth sense - when the little boy says..." i see dead people" . hope your sons ok x

breezy
16-03-2009, 06:48 PM
maybe your son has a gift, you should look into it.
you were very brave though!!!!!!

RedDragon
16-03-2009, 07:00 PM
How is he now?

What were his eyes like (pupils etc).

I know I am in the minority sorry, but I would keep an eye on him this evening/tonight from a medical point of view.

Sorry, just re-read it and it was yesterday - silly me.

Allie
16-03-2009, 07:06 PM
I don't want to worry you but a family member who 'saw' things actually had a mental illness that was diagnosed a few years later.

I still would not dismss the fact some people can see ghosts or whatever from the other side

Allie

Helen Dempster
16-03-2009, 07:30 PM
I don't want to worry you but a family member who 'saw' things actually had a mental illness that was diagnosed a few years later.

I still would not dismss the fact some people can see ghosts or whatever from the other side

Allie

OMG!!!!! :eek:
Although this hasn't happened before, like this (not counting the time when he was very, very young and saw grandad). Like I said before, he does suffer from 'night terrors' but hasn't had one for weeks now. I might do a bit of research....

Helen Dempster
16-03-2009, 07:32 PM
How is he now?

What were his eyes like (pupils etc).

I know I am in the minority sorry, but I would keep an eye on him this evening/tonight from a medical point of view.

Sorry, just re-read it and it was yesterday - silly me.

Everything looked as it should have looked. I didn't notice any obvious signs that something wasn't quite right, other than him seeming really scared. Seems fine now, and didn't have a nightmare last night (which I was half expecting).

By the way, loving your pic! :thumbsup:

Helen Dempster
16-03-2009, 07:33 PM
maybe your son has a gift, you should look into it.
you were very brave though!!!!!!

I looked a right 'nana, talking to a car wheel - I was getting some very odd looks! ha ha ha ha

sammy
16-03-2009, 07:45 PM
my friends son talks about his mum as how she was "before" meaning they were in a life together previously, he was talking about the bombs and the clothes she wore, and he said it was a very very long time ago, i cant remember what she was saying now, but he was saying can you remember when daddy was home late because of the bombs etc, hes just turned 5 and has bought up things from a past life!! strange but how would a child know so much of something he hasnt been taught or exposed to now.

Also another strange thing, in feb my grandad passed away (we didnt realise at the time, but he died on the monday in his house, my mum didnt find him til the sunday (the week of the snow, she wanted to check if he needed food as he couldnt get out and his phone wasnt answering) Anyway i drove past his house on the friday after he died and had a vision that i saw him lying dead on the floor, as if i was looking through the window, i just thought i was having silly thoughts and thought nothing of it. Well when my mum found him, i told her what i had thought when i drove past his house, and she asked me to describe how he was lying and i told her EXACTLY how he was positioned -and was right -how weird is that!!

her8y
16-03-2009, 07:53 PM
When we moved our then 4year old asked if the lady was coming with us. She used to have full on conversations with her, telling us she had died in the house and her family lived in a nearby village.......I never really took much notice until we received the old deeds to our house from our solicitor. Sure enough in black and white stated lady died at our addressa and executors were so and so and so an so from the village my daughter named. Whats more our cat would NEVER sit in the chair!!!..........Daughter never mentioned lady again once we moved.

cher25
16-03-2009, 08:53 PM
Wow. I fully believe in this sort of thing and have read lots of stories over the years about kids being able to see people that we cant. Apparently my big brother used to, my dad however passed it off as nothing until he himself was in bed 1 night and saw his grandparents at the foot of his bed waving at him. He rang his mam the next day and told her, only to be told his grandad had died in the night he then went on to describe what his gran had been wearing, turns out it was her wedding dress. My dad had never ever seen pics of her wedding.