PDA

View Full Version : Mindees mum fainted in my house!

louised
16-03-2009, 02:00 PM
This morning when one of my mindees was being dropped off her mum (who's pregnant) collapsed on my hall floor! It was really scary, mindee was hysterical but luckily my other 2 mindees mums were still in the house. It seemed like she was out for ages, when she finally came too it turns out it has happened before when she was pregnant with mindee. Even though I was panicking inside i remained calm and sat on the floor and talked to her while she was coming round. After a few minutes she was able to ring her school (she's a teacher) and her husband. She only lives a few doors away so she went home to wait for her husband and she was seeing the midwife today anyway so she said she would mention it. Mindee calmed down so we agreed she should stay with me so mum could put her feet up. All the mindees have asked all day is why her mummy fell down so I've been telling them the baby is making her a bit poorly.

misst104
16-03-2009, 02:01 PM
Oh my goodness!! Well done for staying so calm. What an eventful start to the week :D

xxx

hollyoaksmad
16-03-2009, 02:02 PM
That must of been scary least the mum can have some peace tho 2day

Willowdancer
16-03-2009, 02:04 PM
Oooh poor mum! I had blackouts with both my pregnancies and they said it was something to do with babies lying on an artery and cutting off the blood supply :eek: Luckily I never went out completely but several times I was out and about and watched everything going black before snapping back to reality again.

Scary stuff all round and well done you for handling it :)

childmind04
16-03-2009, 02:10 PM
Poor mum i had this with my first baby, used to make me feel very embarrased when i came around:blush:

Well done for staying calm :thumbsup:

Susan

Chatterbox Childcare
16-03-2009, 02:10 PM
Hope mum is okay

Well done on remaining calm and it showed the other mums how professional you are.

haribo
16-03-2009, 02:34 PM
hope shes ok how scary for you though with the kids there. well done on keeping calm. :clapping: she may have low blood pressure . ill be watching my pregnant mum in the mornings now :laughing:

littlesprogs
16-03-2009, 02:46 PM
I fainted in my brother in laws kitchen when i was pregnant. I had 2 first aiders with me and not one of them knew what to do they both panicked lol so well done you for staying so calm!

OrlandoBelle
16-03-2009, 02:55 PM
Bless her....and you. Well done for staying so calm!

At least she was at your house when it happened and there were people around her. It could've been a lot worse...like if she was walking to your house and fell down with the mindee near a road...or worse, while she was driving! I've never fainted before, but I imagine it must be pretty scary.

louised
16-03-2009, 04:03 PM
Yes it was lucky she made it into the house, she said last time she ended up black and blue as she fell outside!

katickles
16-03-2009, 04:09 PM
Well done you for staying calm :clapping:

http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/28/2875/287529.png (http://www.bump-and-beyond.com/)

PixiePetal
16-03-2009, 05:16 PM
I remember being faint when pregnant with my DS.

Didn't want to tell people as it was early on in pregnancy but had to when at toddler group (DD was nearly2). Thought I would go down in a faint and no one would know that it was cos I was pregnant :blush:

People were saying I looked grim anyway:laughing:

Mollymop
16-03-2009, 05:22 PM
POor mum and mindee. I had this once when I was pregnant with my first, round my sister in laws house!! I was really embarressed when she suggested I should eat more!:(

emler
16-03-2009, 05:22 PM
well done for staying so calm when it happened :thumbsup: It's a horrible feeling when you are about to faint and I've always felt really embarrassed when I've come round too - don't like to cause a drama lol.

breezy
16-03-2009, 07:23 PM
well done on being calm for mum and mindee

jibberjitz
16-03-2009, 07:36 PM
OMG I bet that was scary!!!!:eek:

Chell
16-03-2009, 09:22 PM
I did it in the Post Office last year, I was mortified. :blush: I didn't look pregnant at the time. I could feel myself getting hotter and hotter while I waited for the chip and pin machine to ask for my pin number. I remember staggering to the door saying that I felt as though I was going to pass out. :laughing:

It only happned to me once, I hope it is the same for your mindees Mum. I felt awful for hours afterwards.