PDA

View Full Version : Well happy

jeanybeany
16-03-2009, 12:53 PM
Hello everyone

Just wanted to say what a lovely day I'm having.......

No mindee's apart from afterschool one's (am missing them but so nice to spend time with just my children)

We have been to town this morning and I have got some toys from the charity shop. Can't believe it I got a bbq trolley like the one in elc with all velcro food and that for £2 and when I opened it, it was brand new! Also got a magnetic case with letters shapes etc for £1 also new when I opened it. A dance mat, baby soft blocks, cloth book and suction hooks. Everything cost £5.50, WHAT A BARGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then thought I would check my emails and I have had an enquiry for a place in september:clapping: :clapping: Was getting worried as have a vacancy from June, and had no enquiries for a while. The lady is coming to see me a week on Tuesday. I am so happy:)

oh, quick question would you charge the lady a retainer or a deposit fee as she is going to university in September. Don't want to seem unfair but could do with some income from June to september...........

Thanks ladies and gents hope the sunshines making you all happy:laughing:

aly
16-03-2009, 12:59 PM
I think it's the retainer .

good luck

:thumbsup:

LittleMissSparkles
16-03-2009, 01:00 PM
Hello everyone

Just wanted to say what a lovely day I'm having.......

No mindee's apart from afterschool one's (am missing them but so nice to spend time with just my children)

We have been to town this morning and I have got some toys from the charity shop. Can't believe it I got a bbq trolley like the one in elc with all velcro food and that for £2 and when I opened it, it was brand new! Also got a magnetic case with letters shapes etc for £1 also new when I opened it. A dance mat, baby soft blocks, cloth book and suction hooks. Everything cost £5.50, WHAT A BARGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then thought I would check my emails and I have had an enquiry for a place in september:clapping: :clapping: Was getting worried as have a vacancy from June, and had no enquiries for a while. The lady is coming to see me a week on Tuesday. I am so happy:)

oh, quick question would you charge the lady a retainer or a deposit fee as she is going to university in September. Don't want to seem unfair but could do with some income from June to september...........

Thanks ladies and gents hope the sunshines making you all happy:laughing:

wow you have got some bargains :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

and yes i personally would charge a retainer fee , good luck with it xxx

haribo
16-03-2009, 01:34 PM
id say retainer too. wow you did grab a bargain lol i love charity shops i get a lot of toys from them last week got some v.tech stuff and a fisher price toy for less than 3 pounds. couldnt get half the stuff i have if i bought new as too expensive . give them a good wash and sterilise and theyre great :clapping:

nannymcflea
16-03-2009, 01:35 PM
I love a good bargain.:laughing:
As far as charging a retainer,pesonally I would,it's a long time to hold a place,if she changes her mind your'e out of pocket for a lot longer.
Can you suggest she uses some of that time,perhaps a day a week to send her child as a settling in, charge the retainer for the other days not used?

Good luck.

Jen4Kids
16-03-2009, 07:09 PM
Wow sounds like a great day and great bargains :thumbsup:

I had a bargain day at my local charity shop last week too - got some fab baby musical toys for £1 each :clapping:

jeanybeany
16-03-2009, 07:35 PM
Thanks everyone, that is what I thought about the retainer and glad to know everyone is bargain hunting:laughing:

jibberjitz
16-03-2009, 07:44 PM
Great bargains :thumbsup: