PDA

View Full Version : how much for NCMA/MM insurance?

Kat
16-03-2009, 11:34 AM
Hi All,
My insurance will be due to renew... and I am thinking with which company I should go... I do have NCMA but I recived it as a start pack form my cuncil so I didnt pay for it and now I am not sure what shell I choose?
Do you need to be NCMA member to buy insurance?
I heard MM is cheaper but If I am starting with them what is the cost? and what would be a cost to renew with MM? I checked on the web but I got confused :blush: :blush: :blush:

katickles
16-03-2009, 11:43 AM
I also got my start up pack &insurance free as part of a start up grant & choose NCMA. I have just had to renew & it was £68 with NCMA including renewing my membership. TBH i just renewed with them as i felt it easier as i am used to there paperwork etc & at the end of the day it goes through my expences anyway.

I seem to think that MM were about £20 cheaper

http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/28/2870/287093.png (http://www.bump-and-beyond.com/)

Mrs.L.C
16-03-2009, 11:51 AM
MM are £20 cheaper but you cant use them for some disputes during the first 90 days

carla
16-03-2009, 11:54 AM
Sorry to be thick, but what is mm?

Pauline
16-03-2009, 12:09 PM
Sorry to be thick, but what is mm?

You're not thick! MM is Morton Michel, childcare insurance provider. Their childminder insurance starts at £40 per year.:)

Kat
16-03-2009, 01:48 PM
Let be honest I really dont want to spend much but used to NCMA so I ma not sure ... looks like they have a bit more to offer ... and I just check that MM paperwork is more expensive then NCMA...

huggableshelly
17-03-2009, 12:15 PM
I'm trying to decide what to do too, half of me thinks stay with ncma as its all i know and all my paperwork is done on their preprinted forms.

the other half is saying switchn but not sure as to why i would want to make a switch other than just to save £20.00. The switch would mean redoing alot of paperwork too.

so for me in the long run and for ease I think I'm sticking with ncma.