PDA

View Full Version : 9yr old

DCMS
16-03-2009, 06:54 AM
What records do I keep for a 9yr old after schoolie? He's starting today with younger sister.

While on the subject what do 9 yr old boys do? Mum says she just wants him to chill and nothing structured although has mentioned on 'about me' that he got very bored and irritated at previous childminder, fights with his sister when bored and has anger problems that he's getting help with at school. So think I will have to have lots to offer him. He has been for a settlig in period and was only interested in laptop and DS. Any advice would be welcome. Thanks, Denise

singlewiththree
16-03-2009, 07:05 AM
Laptop and DS sounds about right for a 9yr old boy. My nephew is 9 and that is all he wants to do and when we make him get off them he plays football. Good luck

huggableshelly
16-03-2009, 07:25 AM
keep the same paperwork as you do for any other child only you dont need to follow eyfs so no learning journal, verbal communication and a scrapbook is always a nice idea.

Daftbat
16-03-2009, 07:56 AM
keep the same paperwork as you do for any other child only you dont need to follow eyfs so no learning journal, verbal communication and a scrapbook is always a nice idea.

I agree witrh above. If they have a screen to look at they are generally fine especially after school. Make sure they know about the other activities they could do - arts & crafts etc.

sarah707
16-03-2009, 07:57 AM
I agree! I have a 9 year old sitting behind me at the moment developing his fine motor control and hand eye coordination :D

mandy moo
16-03-2009, 09:25 AM
I agree witrh above. If they have a screen to look at they are generally fine especially after school. Make sure they know about the other activities they could do - arts & crafts etc.

I agree with Penny, my eldest is 10 loves the pc, and laptop when younger bro is on pc, and his DS lite of course.

amirose
16-03-2009, 09:32 AM
Yep same here my 9 and 11 year old play ds, go on the laptop or play on the Wii. I have just bought some new PC games (mall tycoon that sort of thing) which have been a big hit.
We have done one craft so far which they did enjoy - we made placemats :thumbsup:

LOOPYLISA
16-03-2009, 11:10 AM
My dd is 11 and loves laptop, ds, wii :thumbsup:

spowage
16-03-2009, 11:17 AM
my son is nearly 9 and he loves drawing milatry pics and planes boats ect. and yes footy ds wii and MY laptop. mine likes too hepl too! have fun :)

spowage
16-03-2009, 11:18 AM
p.s goodluck with the attitude!!!!!!!lol

JOANNE
16-03-2009, 01:43 PM
I have a 9yr old son, he loves drawing, DS, WII, Cartoon Network and the trampoline.
I would just keep what you need to paperwork wise and i have a photo album in with all the kids and what they do.