View Full Version : Working part time as well as childminding?

04-02-2008, 03:07 PM
Hi, im new on here, and have been minding for 2 years. at the moment i am ion a lower income than i am used to. Even though i am self employed does anyone know if i am allowed to get a part time job, bar work for example, of an even ing?

04-02-2008, 03:15 PM
yes you can work anothet job too, you would just have to declare it when you come to do your tax return.

sorry you are a bit quiet at the moment... hope maybe you will get some enquries soon


04-02-2008, 03:19 PM
Agree with what Lana has said.

Welcome to the forum......there are lots of ideas already posted on tips for advertising and trying to fill your vacancies....why not have a look around and see if they can help in any way.

Also pop into the Say Hello section and introduce yourself to the members and tell us a little bit more about yourself.

Chat soon

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
04-02-2008, 03:21 PM
Yes of course you can like Lana said you just declare it on your tax form.

I used to work part time as well as childminding but just found it too much in the end.

Lorraine xx

04-02-2008, 09:10 PM
thanks for the info! the main problem i have at the mo is that one of my parents are going on maternity leave soon, so until that start back with new baby as well, i am lossing half of my money! i'll be ok after that though! :)

04-02-2008, 10:13 PM
When I had a quiet patch minding I took an evening job at a local pub behind the bar. I was charged full rate tax but when I submitted my tax return I recieved all the tax back. When you do you tax return you have to fill inemployed and self-employed sections.