PDA

View Full Version : GIVE COPIES OF POLICIES TO PARENTS????

LNena
16-03-2009, 12:28 AM
:panic: do I have to give the parents copies of all my policies at the start of the contract? PLEASE HELP IT IS MY FIRST CONTRACT

cher25
16-03-2009, 12:44 AM
Hi, I don't think you have to give them copies of all the policies. But im pretty sure they need to have a copy of your safeguarding and complaints policy and procedure. There maybe 1 or 2 more they must have but someone else will put us right on that. :)
But apart from that just make sure they see all your policies when they come to visit and then sign somewhere to say they have seen them and understood. Hope im half right here. lol

singlewiththree
16-03-2009, 07:08 AM
I give the parents a copy of my policies when they have signed the contracts. At first I gave them on enquiry but soon realised not all enquiries turn into a contract and my printer was crying.

I now give out a leaflet with just brief info on my services when they come to visit and on signing give them a copy of all my policies so I know they have got them and get them to sign to say they have read them :) I know some people on here let them borrow the policies and bring them back and others just show them and leave a copy on display for them to read anytime.

It really is what works best for you

huggableshelly
16-03-2009, 07:21 AM
I gve copies to all once contracts are agreed, I also give copies of any i update requesting parents to replace their copy.

Some email them, I had the fear of them being altered in some way but now I know how to use pdf WOOHOOO so might email them in the future as pdfs cant be altered as far as i know.

melanieabigail2004
16-03-2009, 07:46 AM
PDFs can be altered by certain programs available on the internet.

I give out my policies and have the parents sign a form to agree that they have read and understood them - there can be no comeback then further down the line.

Mel

sarah707
16-03-2009, 07:55 AM
I make all mine available to parents at any convenient time for reading / browsing / commenting on etc.

I also offer parents a copy of them all on CD (eco friendly).

I produce a precis booklet of the main points from each to give out with my welcome pack :D

LNena
16-03-2009, 09:58 AM
THANK YOU EVERYONE, THAT IS VERY USEFUL INFO. I THINK THAT I WILL ASK THEN TO READ THEN AND SIGN TO SAY THAT THEY HAD READ AND UNDERSTOOD AND OFFER THEN A CD TOO. THANK U VERY MUCH!!!!!!!:clapping:

rickysmiths
16-03-2009, 10:06 AM
I have always given my parents a paper copy of all my policies when they have signed the contract and they sign to say they have received copy and they have read and accept the policies. I also give them a copy of my latest Osted report, we are required to do this.

I forgot to say, I recently asked my parents if they would prefer the policies on a disc when I update them and they all said no.

I must say I don't think I would feel it was so secure on a disc in that changes could be made and they haven't been signed like the paper copy.

Mollymop
16-03-2009, 10:36 AM
I make all mine available to parents at any convenient time for reading / browsing / commenting on etc.

I also offer parents a copy of them all on CD (eco friendly).

I produce a precis booklet of the main points from each to give out with my welcome pack :D

I do this too, except I don't offer a CD. I get the parents to sign to acknowlege that I have policies and they are available to see when every they wish. They do get to see them when they first come round, but only usually read the bits they want and flick through the rest.

uf353432
16-03-2009, 10:57 AM
I give them a copy of my complaints procedure and then give them a leaflet on all the policies on my website. They then sign a form to say that they are familiar with my policies and that they are able to see a copy in my home, or have a copy emailed whenever they like. I also advise on the form that any updates to my policies will be highlighted on my newsletter to them.

hello kitty
16-03-2009, 02:38 PM
I'm just about to give out my updated policies on cd and have protected them in Word which I understand will stop anyone trying to alter them. Have got forms ready to be signed to say they have received, read and understood all policies.

Pauline
16-03-2009, 03:51 PM
I had the fear of them being altered in some way but now I know how to use pdf WOOHOOO so might email them in the future as pdfs cant be altered as far as i know.

Some pdf's can be copied/changed so it might be worth checking. Send me a test if you want :)

Ripeberry
16-03-2009, 04:59 PM
I think i'll have to just print out all my policies once a parent signs a contract.
I was going to put it all on CD but my husband says it costs a fortune to make your copies PDF so they can't be altered.
I have a "parent statement" at the end of the permissions form, which states:
I/We the parent(s) insert name(s)
Have read and understood the policies and procedures and have received my/our own copies. I/W understand the need for permission forms and that I/We will receive a copy of them once signed.
If there are any policies, procedures or permissions that I/We don't understand this will be discussed with Ripeberry.
The permission forms will be reviewed regularly as circumstances change and at the minimum once a year.
Then i get the parent or parents to sign. I have been told that it is best to get the Mum and Dad to sign incase one of them is ill and you need to get permission for something.

PixiePetal
16-03-2009, 05:07 PM
My newest parent brought the children today with one dose of antibiotics in a squirty syringe to give at time stated in diary to one of them. (I ask for original bottle etc to come each day for me to do appropriate dose.)

She has read policies - not had copies, so today I put note in diary and printed out all policies. Think I feel better knowing I had given them paper copies. Hope tomorrow she gets it right.

Pauline
16-03-2009, 05:52 PM
My newest parent brought the children today with one dose of antibiotics in a squirty syringe to give at time stated in diary to one of them. (I ask for original bottle etc to come each day for me to do appropriate dose.)

OH my goodness!! :panic: What were they thinking!!

I would have refused to give it without the original bottle as you don't know what might have been in the syringe or how the medicine should be stored etc.

PixiePetal
16-03-2009, 07:57 PM
OH my goodness!! :panic: What were they thinking!!

I would have refused to give it without the original bottle as you don't know what might have been in the syringe or how the medicine should be stored etc.

Very relaxed parents.5 kids, I have the youngest 2.

Lovely couple, mum dropped off but dad collected and he understood completely. I did give it, Usual stuff - yellow gloopy amoxil!

Hope bottle comes tomorrow, might be nearly finished now. I sent him home early last Tues. Has asthma and was coughing a lot even after inhalers. Found out he spent Wed pm/Thurs in hospital. Poor little thing